What's new

x3mRouting 3.86.3 Firmware & VPN Director

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, if you install x3mRouting with option 3 instead of option 2, then you get the correct GUI and you can use the vpnclient1-route-up and vpnclient1-route-pre-down scripts.
I reinstall with option 3 and got the vpnclient scripts back. VPN Client GUI is working fine too.
Quick question: Does your VPN Director rules remain intact after reboot?

I reinstall with option 3 and got the vpnclient scripts back. VPN Client GUI is working fine too.
Quick question: Does your VPN Director rules remain intact after reboot?
Yes.

Can someone please help configure x3mRouting option 3 on merlin 386.3? I was on 386.2 with the GUI option 2 and the routing rule for netflix US was working fine. What I've done so far is uninstall option 2, install option 3. Create the dnsmasq routing rules as below:

Commands I used to create the rules for OVPN interface 2 with DNS set to strict and redirect internet traffic through tunnel set to VPN Director.

x3mRouting ALL 2 ipset_name=NETFLIXASN asnum=AS2906,AS16509,AS40027
x3mRouting ALL 2 ipset_name=NETFLIX dnsmasq=netflix.com,netflix.net,nflxext.com,nflximge.com,nflximg.net,nflxso.net,nflxvideo.net,nflxsearch.net,netflixinvestor.com,netflixdnstest0.com,netflixdnstest1.com,netflixdnstest2.com,netflixdnstest3.com,netflixdnstest4.com,netflixdnstest5.com,netflixdnstest6.com,netflixdnstest7.com,netflixdnstest8.com,netflixdnstest9.com,fast.com,bamgrid.com,gstatic.com,bugsnag.com

I can see the IPSETs are populated but when I check the output even after a reboot I only see these rules:

Code:
Admin@RT-AC86U-E0D8:/tmp/home/root#   iptables -nvL POSTROUTING -t nat --line
Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 1307 packets, 97220 bytes)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
1        1    68 MASQUERADE  all  --  *      tun12   0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0
2        6  1324 MASQUERADE  all  --  *      tun11   0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0
3     3136  367K PUPNP      all  --  *      eth0    0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0
4     1221  211K MASQUERADE  all  --  *      eth0   !10.32.120.42         0.0.0.0/0
5       62 12910 MASQUERADE  all  --  *      br0     192.168.1.0/24       192.168.1.0/24
Admin@RT-AC86U-E0D8:/tmp/home/root

Code:
Admin@RT-AC86U-E0D8:/tmp/home/root#   iptables -nvL PREROUTING -t mangle --line
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 50886 packets, 12M bytes)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
1     3804 1723K BWDPI_FILTER  udp  --  eth0   *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0
Admin@RT-AC86U-E0D8:/tmp/home/root#

You're on the right path... here are some suggestions. Run the statements one at a time and check for errors:
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh ALL 2 NETFLIXASN asnum=AS2906,AS16509,AS40027
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh ALL 2 NETFLIX dnsmasq=netflix.com,netflix.net,nflxext.com,nflximge.com,nflximg.net,nflxso.net,nflxvideo.net,nflxsearch.net,netflixinvestor.com,netflixdnstest0.com,netflixdnstest1.com,netflixdnstest2.com,netflixdnstest3.com,netflixdnstest4.com,netflixdnstest5.com,netflixdnstest6.com,netflixdnstest7.com,netflixdnstest8.com,netflixdnstest9.com,fast.com,bamgrid.com,gstatic.com,bugsnag.com

If that works as expected, make sure to add those two statements to the '/jffs/scripts/nat-start' file if it exists (in order for the IPsets to be created at boot time.)
If you don't have the file, create it, make it executable and populate it with the 2 statements above (3 lines total including the first: '#!/bin/sh'.)

Option 3 stopped working for me on 386.7_2. Trying to manually run the openvpn-event script gives below log output and nothing else.

Oct 17 21:53:25 openvpn-event[14686]: No scripts found to run for openvpn-event: vpn-

The current openvpn-event script looks like this:
#!/bin/sh
[ -s /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/openvpn-event ] && sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/openvpn-event $@

I could not figure out a way to fix this.

Option 3 stopped working for me on 386.7_2. Trying to manually run the openvpn-event script gives below log output and nothing else.

The current openvpn-event script looks like this:

I could not figure out a way to fix this.
The openvpn-event script is meant to run when an openvpn event happen. Say we configure vpn client 1 and turn it on. Certain parameters like which vpn client, what state there are in are required by that script. When you manually run it like that, these parameters are not there. So the output you get is expected.

Can you elaborate more what has stopped working? Was it working before? Have you made any changes around that time?