What's new

[ 3004.388.7 alpha 1 Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disable the Private Relay feature then. The router is doing what it's intended to do when that router setting is enabled: ensure that client devices cannot work around the router-provided DNS server. You have to decide if you want to continue blocking that DNS bypass (in which case disable the feature on your phone), or to allow it (in which case disable the setting on the router).

It's also a DNS encryption technology that uses a DNS server that is NOT your router's. That`s why it`s part of the DoH block feature of the router.

The reason behind the existence of the router setting is not to prevent DoH itself, it`s to prevent a device from bypassing what you configure on the router. If you configure a parental control DNS server on your router, you would obviously not want your kid's iPhone to just bypass it by using either a DoH server or some Apple-approved DoQ server (Private Relay uses QUIC, which also introduce its own set of potential issues). That's when you`ll need to also enable the Prevent DoH setting on the router.

If that does not fit your personal scenario, then just disable the router setting. The option is entirely yours.
I guess I'm just pointing out that mobile phones also roam outside of your home network and it's inconvenient to turn on/off private relay whenever you leave/arrive in your home. I and my family feels safer outside of our home with Private relay enabled than none. Desktop Mac, iPad or Gadgets that stays home all the time I agree private relay should not be needed as it's a controlled environment. That's all it is convenience.

I guess I'm just pointing out that mobile phones also roam outside of your home network and it's inconvenient to turn on/off private relay whenever you leave/arrive in your home. I and my family feels safer outside of our home with Private relay enabled than none. Desktop Mac, iPad or Gadgets that stays home all the time I agree private relay should not be needed as it's a controlled environment. That's all it is convenience.
I posted a thread where i turned off private relay at home. Well i forced it off. I have no interest in private relay but that is a different matter.

I just wanted all of the add blocking etc to work regardless if private relay was on.

I posted a thread where i turned off private relay at home. Well i forced it off. I have no interest in private relay but that is a different matter.

I just wanted all of the add blocking etc to work regardless if private relay was on.
You will not have control of the ads when private relay is on as it bypasses your router's DNS in that specific gadget. Ads are serve by the sites.

Last edited:
You will not have control of the ads when private relay is on as it bypasses your router's DNS in that specific gadget. Ads are serve by the sites.
That isn't what i see here.

Nothing on my phone/mac/etc that has private relay is going through it.

Apple Does have documentation on how to block private relay.

22 days on Alpha 388-7 no problems or errors , thanks for a stable Alpha FW

22 days on Alpha 388-7 no problems or errors , thanks for a stable Alpha FW
There is an updated Alpha that was dropped on March 26th, 2024. Version is: 3004.388.7_alpha1-g4c689dffeb.

There is an updated Alpha that was dropped on March 26th, 2024. Version is: 3004.388.7_alpha1-g4c689dffeb.
thanks I check every day , even today it said I was on latest , eventhough it was on g83fdb5cabf

You are wrong. Check link of post #1.

thanks I check every day , even today it said I was on latest , eventhough it was on g83fdb5cabf
I don't think the Alpha's do the update notification to be honest... I've never seen it. A question for @RMerlin I'd say.

Yes, @shabbs is correct. You need to go to the download page, sort by the latest date, and see if you have an update available.

@jerry6, you do. And you did! :)

Will turn out a bit different from the initial plans, but still making good progress.

1712971607478.png

Last edited:
New Alpha2 build is out.

We can close this thread, if RMelin agrees

@RMerlin

Let's GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!