What's new

382.2.Beta1 - Can't Load Wireless page properly (SOLVED)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DonnyJohnny

Very Senior Member
Hi,

I created this thread for those who have trouble with loading the Wireless page (routerIP/Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp) in the new 382 firmware .

Likely it is due to your PSK (wifi password) contain the following character: ‘ “

The new 382 code don't allow using such character according to Merlin. It is recommended to avoid using !-_$#., as these are usually safe in Javascript strings, and they are more than sufficient to ensure a safe passphrase.

To resolve the current problem, we could use the following command in ssh
nvram set wl0_wpa_psk="temporary"
nvram set wl1_wpa_psk="temporary"
nvram commit

the "temporary" will be your new password. Max 63 alphanumerics.

Good Luck and have fun!

Last edited:
Hi,

I created this thread for those who have trouble with loading the Wireless page (routerIP/Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp) in the new 382 firmware .

Likely it is due to your PSK (wifi password) contain the following characters: !-_$#.,

The new 382 code don't allow using such character according to Merlin.

To resolve the current problem, we could use the following command in ssh
nvram set wl0_wpa_psk="temporary"
nvram set wl1_wpa_psk="temporary"
nvram commit

the "temporary" will be your new password. Max 63 alphanumerics.

Good Luck and have fun!
Eric said to you "Personally I recommend sticking to alphanumerics, and the following characters: !-_$#., are these are usually safe in Javascript strings, and they are more than sufficient to ensure a safe passphrase."

You misquoted him.

My bad... corrected.. that’s why I linked back to his thread.. ;)
I just want to set a record here for easy finding of solution for the rest.

I also noticed a lot of problem with the quotation (“ ‘) due to the change of coding used. Avoid using them in the input of the GUI like description, name, password, etc.

Good luck and have fun.

Glad you posted this! I have this on all 4 of my AC68U devices and tried doing a full reset to see if it would help.

Question for this thread though. What are your thoughts on using the characters mentioned in this thread for encryption keys for when I backup all of my files? Am I asking for problems in the future by using some of those?

I think currently wpa2 is pretty safe with KRACK patched on your client side. As Merlin mentioned that alphanumeric password is strong enough.. most site i see recommend at least 16 characters.
To me, the longer and more complicated the password is the better.. I used 163 generated by those key generator site. lol.. I don’t think there is much speed issue with longer password or complicated password. As of now, the quotation can’t be use but I think u can use other characters like !?:/+ etc.. that will make your password even stronger.