What's new

[384.11_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing to try is turn off DoT and test if that is what is causing it if it is then the listening port in stubby.yml is not being used properly for ipv6.

The only real world test is to unplug the modem from the router and run the test from the modem plugged into a computer if it still says filtered then it is comcast or the device, if it doesn't then there is filtering being done by the router, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing the router could be only filtering bad stuff.
I did just this and it was still 17/20.

The site http://ipv6-test.com/ has a ping test at http://ipv6-test.com/pingtest/ which works in addition to https://tools.keycdn.com/ipv6-ping working. So straight up ICMPv6 echo through Comcast is OK.

It is likely that there is an issue with http://ipv6-test.com/ unless the test is more sophisticated than just echo.

I keep getting the following in my log. I received it in 384.10_2 also. It only happens when I reboot sometimes. Not every reboot.

Code:
Apr 19 11:01:45 avahi-daemon[1707]: Withdrawing address record for 192.168.50.2 on br0.
Apr 19 11:01:45 avahi-daemon[1707]: Withdrawing address record for 127.0.1.1 on lo.
Apr 19 11:01:45 avahi-daemon[1707]: Withdrawing address record for 127.0.0.1 on lo.
Apr 19 11:01:45 avahi-daemon[1707]: Host name conflict, retrying with RT-AX88U-EF18-4
Apr 19 11:01:45 avahi-daemon[1707]: Registering new address record for 192.168.50.2 on br0.IPv4.
Apr 19 11:01:45 avahi-daemon[1707]: Registering new address record for 192.168.50.1 on br0.IPv4.
Apr 19 11:01:45 avahi-daemon[1707]: Registering new address record for 127.0.1.1 on lo.IPv4.
Apr 19 11:01:45 avahi-daemon[1707]: Registering new address record for 127.0.0.1 on lo.IPv4.

I keep getting the following in my log. I received it in 384.10_2 also. It only happens when I reboot sometimes. Not every reboot.

Code:
Apr 19 11:01:45 avahi-daemon[1707]: Withdrawing address record for 192.168.50.2 on br0.
Apr 19 11:01:45 avahi-daemon[1707]: Withdrawing address record for 127.0.1.1 on lo.
Apr 19 11:01:45 avahi-daemon[1707]: Withdrawing address record for 127.0.0.1 on lo.
Apr 19 11:01:45 avahi-daemon[1707]: Host name conflict, retrying with RT-AX88U-EF18-4
Apr 19 11:01:45 avahi-daemon[1707]: Registering new address record for 192.168.50.2 on br0.IPv4.
Apr 19 11:01:45 avahi-daemon[1707]: Registering new address record for 192.168.50.1 on br0.IPv4.
Apr 19 11:01:45 avahi-daemon[1707]: Registering new address record for 127.0.1.1 on lo.IPv4.
Apr 19 11:01:45 avahi-daemon[1707]: Registering new address record for 127.0.0.1 on lo.IPv4.

Make sure you don`t have some kind of network loop in your setup, where the router might see itself on the LAN.

Make sure you don`t have some kind of network loop in your setup, where the router might see itself on the LAN.
Could my RT-AC86U media bridge cause this? It uses 192.168.50.1 also for the logon ip address. I noticed when I disconnect the ac86u and reboot I don't see this in my log. Thanks for the reply.:)

I could not get an IPv6 address for my AX88U (comcast) with the latest alphas.
I unplugged modem cables, and did a factory reset of AX88U, then powered down both 30mins. Hoping to get the XB6 to renew, then clean router could get IPv6.
IPv6 Address is not a problem with 384.10_2.

I could not get an IPv6 address for my AX88U (comcast) with the latest alphas.
I unplugged modem cables, and did a factory reset of AX88U, then powered down both 30mins. Hoping to get the XB6 to renew, then clean router could get IPv6.
IPv6 Address is not a problem with 384.10_2.
What happens if you run this
Code:
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/eth0/accept_ra

What happens if you run this
Code:
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/eth0/accept_ra

Router559@RT-AX88U-7BD8:/tmp/home/root# echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/eth0/accept_ra
Router559@RT-AX88U-7BD8:/tmp/home/root#

Router559@RT-AX88U-7BD8:/tmp/home/root# echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/eth0/accept_ra
Router559@RT-AX88U-7BD8:/tmp/home/root#
You probably have full IPv6 now

You probably have full IPv6 now
Correct, I do have IPv6, but I am on 384.10_2. I could not get an IPv6 with the alphas. I was running zero scripts & no usb devices.

Last edited:
Could my RT-AC86U media bridge cause this? It uses 192.168.50.1 also for the logon ip address. I noticed when I disconnect the ac86u and reboot I don't see this in my log. Thanks for the reply.:)

Maybe, that was just a theory.

Is swap file not compatible with Alpha 3 firmware? I have configured it thrice by the amtm terminal but RT 86u fails to detect it.

Is swap file not compatible with Alpha 3 firmware? I have configured it thrice by the amtm terminal but RT 86u fails to detect it.

Using it in multiple routers here. Have you rebooted the router?

Open amtm, it may be that the device path changed (eg from sda to sdb) and it can no longer load it. It'll tell you right away and offer to correct it.
Diversion is smarter, it starts its services irrespective of the device name or label. But for compatibility reasons that code is not used for the swap file.

Using it in multiple routers here. Have you rebooted the router?
I have formatted the usb using the pc before installing the Alpha 3 fw. Then formatted it to ext4 via amtm terminal. The router has been rebooted nearly 10 times since Alpha 3 was installed. I have even tried reformatting the usb to ext 4 using the amtm terminal thrice. However, whenever I create a swap file then router recognises it and I can see it enabled in tools tab. But as soon as the router is rebooted the swap file is indicates as "No swap file".

I have formatted the usb using the pc before installing the Alpha 3 fw. Then formatted it to ext4 via amtm terminal. The router has been rebooted nearly 10 times since Alpha 3 was installed. I have even tried reformatting the usb to ext 4 using the amtm terminal thrice. However, whenever I create a swap file then router recognises it and I can see it enabled in tools tab. But as soon as the router is rebooted the swap file is indicates as "No swap file".

Save any files you may have on your USB drive currently. Format it on your computer as NTFS. Then insert the USB drive in the router and format it one more time as Ext4 with journaling enabled and make sure to also give it a Label too. After it has finished rebooting, create a swap file using amtm and then also enable the amtm disk check script. Reboot the router and check the disk check log for the status of the drive.

Hopefully, the drive is okay. If not, you may need a new one.

If this still doesn't work, I would begin by saving any files or scripts from the jffs partition, enable the command to 'Format the jffs partition on next boot' and then reboot the router 3 times in the next 15 minutes, waiting at least 5 to 10 minutes between reboots.

Repeat the full format on the PC and then the router via amtm once more and if the drive still shows 'passed' in the disk checker, I would recommend you follow the M&M Config link in my signature below to get your router to a good/known state once more.

@RMerlin Could you check 45713 GPL code ?

Code:
building mksqushfs host tool ...
make -C /krys/test/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/hostTools/squashfs_4.2
make[5]: Entering directory '/krys/test/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/hostTools/squashfs_4.2'
gcc   -O2 -DGNU -I/krys/test/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/opensource/include/bcm963xx -I/krys/test/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/shared/opensource/include/bcm963xx -I.    -I. -I/krys/test/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/hostTools/squashfs_4.2/../xz-5.0.3/src/liblzma/api -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -DCOMP_DEFAULT=\"gzip\" -Wall -DGZIP_SUPPORT -DLZMA_SUPPORT -DXZ_SUPPORT -DXATTR_SUPPORT -DXATTR_DEFAULT   -c -o mksquashfs.o mksquashfs.c
mksquashfs.c: In function ‘create_inode’:
mksquashfs.c:1354:24: error: called object ‘major’ is not a function or function pointer
   unsigned int major = major(buf->st_rdev);
                        ^
mksquashfs.c:1354:16: note: declared here
                ^
mksquashfs.c:1355:24: error: called object ‘minor’ is not a function or function pointer
   unsigned int minor = minor(buf->st_rdev);
                        ^
mksquashfs.c:1355:16: note: declared here
                ^
mksquashfs.c:1378:24: error: called object ‘major’ is not a function or function pointer
                        ^
mksquashfs.c:1378:16: note: declared here
                ^
mksquashfs.c:1379:24: error: called object ‘minor’ is not a function or function pointer
                        ^
mksquashfs.c:1379:16: note: declared here
                ^
mksquashfs.c: In function ‘dir_scan2’:
mksquashfs.c:3778:17: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘makedev’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
   buf.st_rdev = makedev(pseudo_ent->dev->major,
                 ^
<builtin>: recipe for target 'mksquashfs.o' failed
make[5]: *** [mksquashfs.o] Error 1

There's a minor string issue under SSH settings;

h46ywEY.png

I ussualy wait to flash stable release but now im waiting alpha4 build to test new gpl on ac88u and report any issue i will have

I ussualy wait to flash stable release but now im waiting alpha4 build to test new gpl on ac88u and report any issue i will have

Where did you see that alpha4 would include the 45713 updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!