What's new

384.15 AC86U 5Ghz Dropping/Disconnecting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi, is anybody else experiencing random dropping of their wifi on 384.15 AC86U? I was on 384.12 before and had no issues until I updated last night.

Laptops and phones would have to disconnect and reconnect, or would disconnect on their own. I haven't really tested 2.4ghz since I mainly use 5ghz. Rebooting the router fixed it temporarily last night, and twice today.

I saw a ton of auth and deauth messages in the syslog, but I did find a thread saying that was normal in the later versions.

I will try downgrading to see if anything changes.

Yes this happens for both 2.4g and 5g ssid's for me and has happened on all recent firmware. 14, 15. Also still happens on 384.16. I get the same issue the SSID is still broadcasting, connected devices are no longer connected.

This is a real pain for IOT devices which means I would have to reboot to reconnect them as you cant manually force it. Other devices like phones I would disable then re-enable the wifi to get a reconnect.

My workaround to stop this happening is to set SmartConnect to OFF. Set the Control channel to an appropriate channel for your environment, do not leave it on Auto.

With these two changes I dont get those log entries and my devices dont dissconnect.

Yes this happens for both 2.4g and 5g ssid's for me and has happened on all recent firmware. 14, 15. Also still happens on 384.16. I get the same issue the SSID is still broadcasting, connected devices are no longer connected.

This is a real pain for IOT devices which means I would have to reboot to reconnect them as you cant manually force it. Other devices like phones I would disable then re-enable the wifi to get a reconnect.

My workaround to stop this happening is to set SmartConnect to OFF. Set the Control channel to an appropriate channel for your environment, do not leave it on Auto.

With these two changes I dont get those log entries and my devices dont dissconnect.

Issue with smart features, they are made by humans.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!