What's new

[384.18_Alpha Builds] Testing all variants

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

On the 5GHz band, it looks like everyone else is in the 100-165 channel range. Absolutely nobody in the channel 36 to 64 range. I suspect everyone else is in auto mode and it puts them in that range by default? I assume that channel 36 to 64 has no disadvantages over 100-165 channels, correct? I'd be the only one close by in that range which would be very good. Why is there such a gap in channels from 64 to 100?
No there is none, quite the opposite they are the only non DFS ones until 149.
Siple, they are reserved...

In my environment, the 5 GHz band and devices connected to it perform better on lower channels, even with a bit of congestion from neighbours' 5 GHz Wi-Fi. Currently running Channel 36 at 80 MHz.

Same here, channel 36 works best for my 5g network and my 2.4 is on 11.

Hey,

A few bugs:

1. These in logs:

acsd: There are still associated scbs, avoid channel switch(txfail_thresh)

2. If you SSH and the password is incorrect the SSHD fails to open again, I had to restart.

A few bugs:

Suddenly my left menus all disappeared, tried icognito and other browsers...
same.

Restarted and it all went back to good...

Also there are 2 Addons buttons and none of them work.

True. I am looking for anyone to confirm Untracked traffic is incorrectly going to Work-From-Home (regardless of priority) because it contains category 0 and therefore seems to catch any traffic marked 000000.
@dave14305 did you fix QOS using FreshJR's script? How can I get this kind of granular QOS that actually works?

@dave14305 did you fix QOS using FreshJR's script? How can I get this kind of granular QOS that actually works?
I adapted the script to handle the new categories and force Untracked traffic back to the Others class. I don't know if that answers your question, since I don't think the AX branch QoS behaves the same as the mainline branch QoS right now in the alpha phase.

Is there anything that has changed with .18 that might keep me from an SSH login? I can't for some reason and don't know why. Pulling hair out now...

Can you log normally into the GUI? Any useful log entries?

May I ask what are the best fixes included in 384.18? and what will be additional features in 384.18 compared to 384.17?

thx

I adapted the script to handle the new categories and force Untracked traffic back to the Others class. I don't know if that answers your question, since I don't think the AX branch QoS behaves the same as the mainline branch QoS right now in the alpha phase.
So far with your update and my AX88U the QOS works well.

Can you log normally into the GUI? Any useful log entries?
GUI is normal. This was after a flash from .17 and everything else is working great. I don't see any error msgs in the log. When I try to access via SSH it's unable to access port 23, I then changed from 22 to 23 (I thought it should be and always has been 22) but got the same msg. It's likely something basic I've overlooked, but have checked what I can think of so far and no go. More hair pulled out...

GUI is normal. This was after a flash from .17 and everything else is working great. I don't see any error msgs in the log. When I try to access via SSH it's unable to access port 23, I then changed from 22 to 23 (I thought it should be and always has been 22) but got the same msg. It's likely something basic I've overlooked, but have checked what I can think of so far and no go. More hair pulled out...
What ssh client are you using?

Telnet is 23.

Reactions: Gar
telnet protocol is port 23 thats why you are seeing that port.

should work with: ssh userid@routeraddress
next would be password.

If windows cmd line won't let you do it, download putty for free and use it instead.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!