What's new

[384.18_Alpha Builds] Testing all variants

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks all for input/feedback on this issue. I don't use firefox at all so not related to this browser.

When I have this issue, I can't connect to the router GUI from any device or browser (chrome, safari, ios safari, ios asus app). I connect via http (not https).

So I will see if it happens again and report back if it does.

I have the same issue again - can't access the router GUI from any device / browser. The fix is to restart the httpd service from terminal

I'm going to re-apply the alpha firmware using the 'dirty upgrade' procedure to see if this resolves the issue.

Is anyone else is having this issue on a RT-AC86u (running latest alpha)?

I have the same issue again - can't access the router GUI from any device / browser. The fix is to restart the httpd service from terminal

I'm going to re-apply the alpha firmware using the 'dirty upgrade' procedure to see if this resolves the issue.

Is anyone else is having this issue on a RT-AC86u (running latest alpha)?

I've had this happen a few times, but it appears to occur when I change some config and save(without reboot) then some random time later the GUI crashes. I haven't narrowed down what setting(s), but I have avoided any crash so far by rebooting after I make a number of changes that I am happy with.

They would have to pay me to do this, and pay me very well.
Indeed! I hope they recognise the value-add you bring to their product... the engagement you have with power users in the community - folks more likely to pay more for a reliable, customisable router.

The availability of your firmware was one of the deciding factors when I chose the RT-AC5300s and RT-AC3200s I've deployed about the place. The idea that you can turn around a security patch to something faster than they do (eg. bundled services/libraries etc.) in a lot of cases oft makes me wonder - I guess updates to an already purchased product don't bring in money unless it's a subscription service which turns some folks off (which leads to lots of ewaste as folks upgrade kit that would be fine if it got updates, but I digress).

The idea that everything is slowly becoming binary blobs makes me sad. Thanks for your continuing work on this.

Not sure what I'll do when the RT-AC5300s drop out of support (and understand that's largely out of your control, dependent on how they release source) - maybe bite the bullet and go Ubiquiti, maybe switch to a totally third party firmware reliant only on binary drivers.

Let me know if this happens with you:
I'm on latest alpha, and after some times my wireless devices all disconnect and I have to manually force a router reboot do they can connect again.
If I don't reboot the router they cannot connect to WiFi.

I can't find anything relevant in router logs.

Let me know if this happens with you:
I'm on latest alpha, and after some times my wireless devices all disconnect and I have to manually force a router reboot do they can connect again.
If I don't reboot the router they cannot connect to WiFi.

I can't find anything relevant in router logs.

Same happens in my case with RT-AX88U (running now last Merlin alpha) since many releases ago. It happens with 5Ghz wifi and is quite rare.. sometimes it does not happen in 20 or 30 days... other times like last week it happened 3 times in the same week. It is like if the router repently is not able to authenticate users any longer (using WPA2 personal).
Effectively when this happens the only cure I've found is to reboot the router... (no wifi restart or settings change seem to affect it)

Same happens in my case with RT-AX88U (running now last Merlin alpha) since many releases ago. It happens with 5Ghz wifi and is quite rare.. sometimes it does not happen in 20 or 30 days... other times like last week it happened 3 times in the same week. It is like if the router repently is not able to authenticate users any longer (using WPA2 personal).
Effectively when this happens the only cure I've found is to reboot the router... (no wifi restart or settings change seem to affect it)
In my case it started happening on this latest alpha (I reset the router before install it, because I was having some problems with guest networks, which are working fine right now)
In fact , when this happens, only guest networks works as expected without problems
@Jack Yaz could this be related somehow with YazFi? One thing I noticed is that this happened at midnight exactly (GMT plus summertime)

In my case it started happening on this latest alpha (I reset the router before install it, because I was having some problems with guest networks, which are working fine right now)
In fact , when this happens, only guest networks works as expected without problems
@Jack Yaz could this be related somehow with YazFi? One thing I noticed is that this happened at midnight exactly (GMT plus summertime)
YazFi has no scheduled jobs. Check syslog for what happens at that time.

I can't find anything.
Devices simply start deautenticating one by one, with no error...
I would suggest try to change SSID and pass Key...

they should pay you and well , the only reason i've bought Asus routers over the years is because of your FW , and the years of support the get fron both you and Asus
I would suggest try to change SSID and pass Key...
i think you have to factory reset after installing latest FW , I Had poblems a few releases back because I factory reset before installing latest FW , once i factory reset after installing FW all problems cleared up

I totally agree with the general sentiment, Asus should already pay you very well as things stand today, first because they're selling a lot more routers because of your firmware and second for the free and excellent support their customers are getting on this forum.

Basically all anyone with an Asus router and a problem with it has to do is to flash Merlin on it and reach out to this forum for help and they'll get professional level support for free. That's bound to save Asus a lot of money and headaches in support calls, some of which they should return to you and Tim with sizeable donations, without expecting more for them than they're already getting.

Asus, if you're reading this, go ahead and keep these guys sweet as they're here today but they may not be tomorrow.

OK, then my problem is not the same as yours, since in my case it happens suddently any time (not at midnight), and it normally affects only one band (normally 5Ghz).

Which models support the OpenNAT feature?

OpenNAT is nothing more than a bunch of presets for specific games for port forwarding. It's not a new feature. Just manually forward the ports.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!