What's new

[384.18_Alpha Builds] Testing all variants

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Works fine here. That issue was fixed back on May 28th, so double check what build you flashed - you most likely flashed an old build.
Downloaded the ZIP file on June 14th.

Will try V 18 when it goes final. Thanks for getting back to me.

Downloaded the ZIP file on June 14th.

Will try V 18 when it goes final. Thanks for getting back to me.
It is unimportant as to when you downloaded it, but which one you picked, since there are 3 alfa files!
Annotation 2020-06-16 142401.PNG.jpg

something is up with the OpenVPN Client. I have OpenVPN 1 and OpenVPN 5 set up. Prior to .18Alpha they both will come up at the same time. Now, OpenVPN 5 will not connect UNLESS I disconnect OpenVPN1 then reconnect OpenVPN5. Once OpenVPN5 connects then I can reconnect OpenVPN1 and everything seems to be okay at that point unless the tunnel drops or the router needs a reboot.

Works fine here. That issue was fixed back on May 28th, so double check what build you flashed - you most likely flashed an old build.

I had the same issue with the latest (as of yesterday) alpha 1 on my AX88U. I could not make client 1 to bind. Even reverting to .17, client 1 would not bind even though it had done so before the upgrade. Eventually, I re flashed alpha 1 and set up client 2 which did connect properly.

I had the same issue with the latest (as of yesterday) alpha 1 on my AX88U. I could not make client 1 to bind.

He's talking about the server, not the client.

It is unimportant as to when you downloaded it, but which one you picked, since there are 3 alfa files!
View attachment 24086

I double checked and the file I downloaded and installed was created on May 29th at 1:15 AM which based on Merlin's comment should include the fix for the spinning wheel on server 1.

I double checked and the file I downloaded and installed was created on May 29th at 1:15 AM which based on Merlin's comment should include the fix for the spinning wheel on server 1.

Not necessarily. It depends on when it got merged in, and when the build was compiled. You should be running the build uploaded a few days ago to be sure.

He's talking about the server, not the client.

OK MY BAD
I had AN issue with OpenVPN on the latest (as of yesterday) alpha 1 on my AX88U. I could not make client 1 to bind. Even reverting to .17, client 1 would not bind even though it had done so before the upgrade. Eventually, I re flashed alpha 1 and set up client 2 which did connect properly.
(the issue remains)

Not necessarily. It depends on when it got merged in, and when the build was compiled. You should be running the build uploaded a few days ago to be sure.

I downloaded the file I tried on June 14th from the main server. The date stamp was May 29th.

Is there a more recent updated version? Previously you said the spinning wheel issue was addressed in the May 28th version.

Thanks.

I downloaded the file I tried on June 14th from the main server. The date stamp was May 29th.

Is there a more recent updated version? Previously you said the spinning wheel issue was addressed in the May 28th version.

Thanks.
Sorry to be so blunt, but are you blind?! :D
I already showed you in the picture above, and even RMerlin commented too: do you not see the Sun at 1:21 AM file as being obviously the latest?? ;)

I already showed you in the picture above, and even RMerlin commented too: do you not see the Sun at 1:21 AM file as being obviously the latest?? ;)

Come on now. Give his eyes some credit.

Just because he sees with his eyes doesn’t mean he understands with his brain.

Reactions: MDM
No I don't see a file Sun at 1:21 AM.

No I don't.

The file that you had highlighted was Dated May 29th which is the file I originally downloaded.

On the One Drive site I downloaded from there are three zip files for the AC86- One labeled May 29, One Labeled May 22 and a third labeled Sat 7:21 PM.

So I don't see any file at least at One Drive labeled Sun at 1:21 AM. I suppose that with a time zone difference 7:21 PM EST could be 1:21 AM in your time zone. Even if that is the file you think should be used it appears to me to be the same as the May 29th file.

But in any case Merlin stated that the problem was corrected with the May 28th version.

No I don't see a file Sun at 1:21 AM.

No I don't.

The file that you had highlighted was Dated May 29th which is the file I originally downloaded.

On the One Drive site I downloaded from there are three zip files for the AC86- One labeled May 29, One Labeled May 22 and a third labeled Sat 7:21 PM.

So I don't see any file at least at One Drive labeled Sun at 1:21 AM. I suppose that with a time zone difference 7:21 PM EST could be 1:21 AM in your time zone. Even if that is the file you think should be used it appears to me to be the same as the May 29th file.

But in any case Merlin stated that the problem was corrected with the May 28th version.
I didn't highlight anything! It was just the first file in order for your router :)
Yes probably due to timezone the date and time difference, but anyway the Sun at 1:21 AM or Sat 7:21 PM is naturally the latest one and certainly not the same as as the May 29th one...
And RMerlin said the same:
You should be running the build uploaded a few days ago to be sure.

I didn't highlight anything! It was just the first file in order for your router :)
Yes probably due to timezone the date and time difference, but anyway the Sun at 1:21 AM or Sat 7:21 PM is naturally the latest one and certainly not the same as as the May 29th one...
And RMerlin said the same:

You have taken that sentence out of context of the entire thread about the issue.

I guess I should have known that Saturday 7:21 PM whenever is the most recent file without knowing what Saturday it was when you pointed it out. My fault for not suspecting that the files would not be arranged in a date sequence and that when Merlin said a few days he meant the file that was uploaded to the server after I had downloaded the file that I used.

In any case when I get a chance I will try the Saturday 7:21 file and see if it fixes the two issues I had with the alpha version.

Thanks for pointing out that there is a new version in the repository.

I have no issues with the four IoT devices that connect on 2.4 Ghz guest network. They however do use the first guest network and only one 2.4 Ghz guest network is up and running. I use different SSIDs on the 2.4 Ghz & 5 Ghz radios to keep the IoT devices that can use the 5 Ghz using it.
I have 2 x 2.4 Ghz guest networks the IoT are on guest network 3 and no 5Ghz guest networks enabled.
The IoT is a standard guest network as for the guest network 1 the only thing non standard is auto password renewals every 24h., and "Access to Intranet" disabled.

@CaptainSTX
Update; I deleted all my guest networks and switched the IoT to guest network 1 "2.4 Ghz", now all IoTs do show up on network map.

Last edited:
My fault for not suspecting that the files would not be arranged in a date sequence...
You decide how they are arranged, not the uploader! But I simply read the dates (or days and time - that is always the latest!)...

upload_2020-6-16_21-56-25.png

Thanks for pointing out that there is a new version in the repository.
;)

FWIW, I hate that onedrive layout too. Why can't it just say datestamps across the board? Microsoft trying to be "smart" again...

FWIW, I hate that onedrive layout too. Why can't it just say datestamps across the board? Microsoft trying to be "smart" again...
My MEGAsync sort it by Name as default too, so I am used to it. But it is quite easy to change...

OK MY BAD
I had AN issue with OpenVPN on the latest (as of yesterday) alpha 1 on my AX88U. I could not make client 1 to bind. Even reverting to .17, client 1 would not bind even though it had done so before the upgrade. Eventually, I re flashed alpha 1 and set up client 2 which did connect properly.

Most likely an issue with your config or your provider. Nothing was changed, and it's also working fine on my own RT-AX88U. Look at your system log, it will tell you what is wrong.

Unfortunately, so-called "smart dates" (when the last 7 days are shown by the day instead of a complete date string) is considered to be a "feature". I remember when something related to that was changed in Explorer a few years ago, it was newsworthy.

I hate it in Outlook (fortunately, there's a deeply hidden setting that allows you to disable it) too. Sometimes, I do want to see something "from the 12th", and I don't remember if the 12th was Monday or Tuesday without starting to count in my head.

That is not what I said. What I said was that it was fixed on the 28th. When that fix made it into an actual build is another story, and I don't remember the exact date, hence my recommendation to go for the build from a few days ago, which is sure to contain it.

not at the point of debugging new bugs they might have introduced in these new GPLs.
They should send you new GPLs for quality assurance first and you give them the go to release... ;-)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!