What's new

384.3 Random Errors

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Appreciate the help.. turns out the printer is missing the WPA2 supplicant. Tried 3 routers it will only connect to WEP networks even though it has WPA2 Personal (AES) in the options. and it seems there has not been a release of new network firmware for the device. Not that it matters.. I would prefer older devices that I rarely use to be on ethernet. I just got caught up in it because it was disconnected and I was in a hurry to print something.

I have a printer which for some reason cannot connect to the wifi.. I figured I would give WPS a go.. no dice so i ended up turning off WPS and running an ethernet cable
BTW I have had 0 luck cracking WPS with KALI.. almost all modern routers have brute force prevention in place. And pixie no longer works on patched devices either.

but thanks for the snide trolling remarks.. you are very helpful.

In fact whenever someone seems to question the integrity of a release around here there is a rash of shirtty replies such as the above (there are a few of you out there that try earnestly to help.. thank you)

PS I wasnt the OP.. try reading..

Speaking of helpful....

I have no interest in trading barbs but your faith in WPS is misplaced.

Collin Taylor said:
...I can only see 1 problem, that being your WAN connection (eth0) is not functioning. The following messages about miniupnpd, nat, etc. are just a consequence of the original fault....
Read my posts please. I'll explain again WAN connection etc works fine on the ISP provided router... *bangs head againsts wall*

Greetings and please understand I'm a noob here so I'm not going to get all technical nor try to compare sizes. That said, I personally ran into this exact problem -- and had the very same frustrations and went through the very same steps as Muffintastic. Collin Taylor's comment is what brought it into focus for me, and it could well be you are in the same boat I was.

You may be barking up the wrong tree.

Look to your MODEM. When Modems start failing they act exactly as you described, and the two main keys are (a) the router works, then doesn't, aka intermittent loss of connectivity; and (b) the primary issue being reported by the router.

In my case it has now happened 5x over 12-years and every single time it was cured by replacing the modem. Sometimes it was on my dime because I did not like or want to lease a modem from the ISP, sometimes it was on the ISPs. But these symptoms always pointed to a modem in the midst of failing.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!