What's new

386.1.2 no joy on rt.ac.88.u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

royarcher

Very Senior Member
Ok so I have been holding of updating to the latest merlin firmware as I have noticed a lot of people having trouble after the updates so I thought I would share my first experience/ attempt at updating.

So I am going from 19 to the latest ,the update seems to have taken but the only way I could access the UI was to reset, or simply turn the router off and on again. This would give me access but only the once . If I would log out of the UI the only way to log in again was by resetting or turning the router off and on again.

I use express Vpn,s DNS servers to stream US content but when I checked after the update I noticed that one of the DNS address was wrong so I typed in the correct one and saved it but it would not work.

I am a relative noob so I didn't want to risk bricking my router as it had become totally unresponsive. The only way to get it back to a responsive state was to again turn it off and on again. I waited about a half-hour to let it settle down but it didn't help .

Finally I gave up,after three attempts, and went back to 19. I am totally surprised as I have never had a problem updating merlin's firmware and can only assume that I am screwing up some how . I always do a hard reset after updating firmware whether it plays up or not so the last update was a clean one as Indeed they all have been. I didn't,however,do that last night as the router had become unresponsive and as I have stated i am a relative noob and got worried about bricking it.

Any tips greatly appreciated

Ok so I have been holding of updating to the latest merlin firmware as I have noticed a lot of people having trouble after the updates so I thought I would share my first experience/ attempt at updating.

So I am going from 19 to the latest ,the update seems to have taken but the only way I could access the UI was to reset, or simply turn the router off and on again. This would give me access but only the once . If I would log out of the UI the only way to log in again was by resetting or turning the router off and on again.

I use express Vpn,s DNS servers to stream US content but when I checked after the update I noticed that one of the DNS address was wrong so I typed in the correct one and saved it but it would not work.

I am a relative noob so I didn't want to risk bricking my router as it had become totally unresponsive. The only way to get it back to a responsive state was to again turn it off and on again. I waited about a half-hour to let it settle down but it didn't help .

Finally I gave up,after three attempts, and went back to 19. I am totally surprised as I have never had a problem updating merlin's firmware and can only assume that I am screwing up some how . I always do a hard reset after updating firmware whether it plays up or not so the last update was a clean one as Indeed they all have been. I didn't,however,do that last night as the router had become unresponsive and as I have stated i am a relative noob and got worried about bricking it.

Any tips greatly appreciated
This was mentioned in OP ....when moving to 386.x you need to give it time. Like an hour or so Before you can access GUI. I also ran into this issue on several routers.

This was mentioned in OP ....when moving to 386.x you need to give it time. Like an hour or so Before you can access GUI. I also ran into this issue on several routers.
ok thanks x i did notice the OP,s . I have always been crap in the patience department I'll try again when the war office has gone to bed . God forbid I interrupt her Facebooking.

The other thing I noticed when choosing to manually imputing DNS addresses on 1.2 there is a red dot next to each box and when touching one a list drops down. What's that about?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!