What's new

386.1 a few questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Oferlaor

Occasional Visitor
1. I had the 1hr lockup. There should be a message as I shut the unit down a couple of times because I thought something went wrong - that was scary...

2. I noticed that 802.23ad (link aggregation) has new options - I noticed it can be source or destination bonded. I have a synology NAS connected via the two wires. Any

3. I noticed that the home page's status showed LAN4-8 correctly, but the tool setting did not, what's up with that?

4. I tried the speedtest. It gets 320Mbps maximum on download, whereas my computer gets 900Mbps from the same connection, I'm not sure this is reliable.

Hi, It would help if you specify your router model, type of wan connection, and whether you have AIprotection/QoS/Apps analysis enabled. This last one can easily be the responsible for your slowdown.

1. Read changelogs and announcement posts fully before flashing new firmware.

2. Your question(s) wasn't asked.

3. Which tool setting?

4. FTC beat me. :)

The router model, the network configuration, the USB devices attached to the router, the previous firmware that was installed, and the last time a full reset to factory defaults were performed are all helpful to help us help you more.

If the web interface cannot be loaded, then how is it supposed to display a message?

FTC

AC88U
2X WAN - one is 1G fiber through converter (PPPoE) and the other cable (200M) automatic IP.
Yes - I have all of those features (AIprotection/QoS/Apps analysis) turned on.

L&LD

1. good point...
2. For some reason, my message got cut off. Any tips or tricks to check if this is working correctly? Specifically, what's the difference between Source & Destination bonding?
3. I meant main menu, under tools, but now I see it is up to date properly. Could have been a glitch.
4. Note that I'm getting excellent results from the PC, it is just the selftest on the router itself that is slow.

RMerlin

Is there a way for it not to use up all the resources, so at least something could show up there?
I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't read through the release notes (BTW, make sure this is the top item on the release notes)...

FTC

AC88U
2X WAN - one is 1G fiber through converter (PPPoE) and the other cable (200M) automatic IP.
Yes - I have all of those features (AIprotection/QoS/Apps analysis) turned on.

Then for your slowdown problem you can test disabling those features and withdrawing from the Trendmicro clause in the administration->Privacy tab. If your speed is back you will know the reason (you can always re-enable the features then if you decide they are worth the slowdown). In any case being only the selftest that slows down, the exercise is more or less 'academic' only.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!