What's new

386.1 Problem - Missing Game Boost tab on RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xman1

Occasional Visitor
Can someone else with an RT-AC88U and running 386.1 take a look at their menu items and see if the Game Boost tab is missing?

It was there is 384.19 but missing in 386.1.

I did not do a full factory reset. Before I go through that pain, I figured I would ask to see if it was just me.

I am coming from 384.19.

There are so many things that it is likely a couple hour process to get it back working from a factory reset. Hence why I asked the question.

But were you using it before? :)

See if anyone can give you an answer either way, but it sounds like a reset is in your near future.

But were you using it before? :)

See if anyone can give you an answer either way, but it sounds like a reset is in your near future.
Yes, the tab worked fine on 384.19. Missing on 386.1.

I think you are right, I will be going through this pain. I use the router for everything, from internet blocking of specific devices, to LACP, to NTP server, to forced DoT, multiple guest networks, all sort of things. Setting the right icon for all my devices for quick identification is also a pain. It is what it is I guess.

Can someone else with an RT-AC88U and running 386.1 take a look at their menu items and see if the Game Boost tab is missing?

Not sure what webui that model uses, but this may be relevant

The latter comes with a few caveats:
- The non-ROG webui is used (meaning some ROG-exclusive features are currently NOT supported)

I am having the same issue, after uploading the new firmware the Game Boost tab is missing (coming from 384.19 to 386.1 in my RT-AC88U). I did not do a factory reset or full reset.

I was not using that tab before, so I was not concerned about the missing tab after I updated the firmware, but that might be a signal of something happening in the shadow. I did a dirty flash so maybe that is the reason....

I am having the same issue, after uploading the new firmware the Game Boost tab is missing (coming from 384.19 to 386.1 in my RT-AC88U). I did not do a factory reset or full reset.

That was fixed a few days ago.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!