What's new

386.1_2 Amcrest Cameras won't keep IP address Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

K cameras on my ac3100 with no internet with no switch and factory firmware. if they still freeze i appreciate the help and suggestions but i may need new cams, if not woohoo i found a bug

Been on ac3100 for a couple hours with just the cams and a synology nas doing the recording. I'm wifi into a separate network to access them and so far everything is still working. So only 2 differences exist. Merlin firmware and jumbo frames. I have always used jumbo and merlin. So looking like a bug with merlin and/or jumbo in new release. I'll update tomorrow to confirm.

Jumbo frames are not recommended to be enabled on any network unless the specific implementation can be performed on each client device too. Throughout the entire network. Random issues otherwise.

Have had jumbo on for years no issues. BUT regardless 24 hours now and cameras are still up. Can confirm new merlin was the issue. 2 weeks of testing and confirmed by putting cameras on a totally separate Asus router. Poor Synology I assumed they were the culprits and have a ticket longer then this thread. Any thoughts as to why is the next question?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!