What's new

386.2.2 Upgrade

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Porksta

New Around Here
Hi forum I am new here, could someone please tell me what a dirty upgrade is, I want to upgrade my rt ax88 u & rt ac 5300 node from 386.1.2 to 386.2.2
but i am not sure the best way,

The vibe I am getting is 386.2.2 is very stable..

Thanx in advance..

Hi forum I am new here, could someone please tell me what a dirty upgrade is, I want to upgrade my rt ax88 u & rt ac 5300 node from 386.1.2 to 386.2.2
but i am not sure the best way,

The vibe I am getting is 386.2.2 is very stable..

Thanx in advance..

Welcome to the forums @Porksta.

A dirty upgrade is an upgrade without factory reset and reconfiguration. It's recommended to do so, with major upgrades (when the first 3 digits (branch) changes), and the changelog and/or release notes will indicate what you have to do. To upgrade from 386.1.2 to 386.2.2 you easily perform a dirty upgrade. Always make a backup (but never use them with major upgrades), unmount your usb drive (if any) but you can leave it in, and perform a firmware upgrade. If it fails, reboot your router to free up some more memory and resources and try again.

All the best!

Best regards,
Marco

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums @Porksta.

A dirty upgrade is an upgrade without factory reset and reconfiguration. It's recommended to do so, with major upgrades (when the first 3 digits (branch) changes), and the changelog and/or release notes will indicate what you have to do. To upgrade from 386.1.2 to 386.2.2 you easily perform a dirty upgrade. Always make a backup (but never use them with major upgrades), unmount your usb drive (if any) but you can leave it in, and perform a firmware upgrade. If it fails, reboot your router to free up some more memory and resources and try again.

All the best!

Best regards,
Marco
Thanx for the kind welcome MVW & for the tip on how to upgrade, much appreciated..

Reactions: MvW

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!