What's new

386.5 Alpha1?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Still curious what the difference is other than speed.

Which is moot cause 6Ghz has such low penetration even with cheap, old walls I can barely get 1 bar from my GT-AXE11000.
Out of curiosity, through how many walls/how far away?

Gen 1 (WiFi 6E) hardware. Even WiFi 7 isn't expected to be 'great' for v1, for the average user.

It may be significant enough better over WiFi 6/6E, but the second-gen versions will eventually (also) show how poor the first-gen was implemented. This isn't because the science will get better, this is a simple business decision to sell more, and keep selling.

Patiently and optimistically watching this thread for supported and New supported routers.
Off Topic:
Noticing how often VR headsets are mentioned in recent posts/threads.
Didn't realize VR headsets had become popular, since NONE of my kids have mentioned "needing" VR headsets. From my teen son "they are expensive and there's not much to do with them".

Patiently and optimistically watching this thread for supported and New supported routers.
Off Topic:
Noticing how often VR headsets are mentioned in recent posts/threads.
Didn't realize VR headsets had become popular, since NONE of my kids have mentioned "needing" VR headsets. From my teen son "they are expensive and there's not much to do with them".

Be careful before you send them out with their VR headsets into the Metaverse and beyond...

Still curious what the difference is other than speed.

Which is moot cause 6Ghz has such low penetration even with cheap, old walls I can barely get 1 bar from my GT-AXE11000.
What channel and what bandwidth are you using? If you need peneration, you need to look at lower channels and low bandwidth. I doubt you get through any wall if using 207 f.i.

Smooth update on RT-AX88u from 386.4 to 386.5_alpha1-gbb7ff5cb66
All good :)
Thanks RMerlin ;)

Here on AX88U completely problem-free update to the new alpha, everything works. And there are also no special errors or warnings in the log. Thanks Merlin ..!

Just updated my two RT-AX86U's and working fine.

Only thing was WAN interface not started and could'n reach web interface.
It turn out my modification to use my VPN-providers DNS-server to WAN and LAN (ebigrads modification). @eibgrad
Revert it and workning again.

Thank you for new software!!!

Tried to flash the Alpha a second time and this message popped up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 13.11.53.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 13.11.53.png
    236.4 KB · Views: 132
Dirty flash on my RT-AC68P about an hour ago. Using FlexQoS with custom configuration and a bunch of reserved DNS entries.
About 10 minutes into a stress test and all working well. Will update in case I run into any issues.

I did a dirty upgrade of the second RT-AX86U alpha to an access point. It mostly worked. But Google Drive on an Android phone connected to the access point consistently failed to upload changed files. I reverted to 386.4 and upload started working again.

Upgraded from 386.4 to the new 386.5 Alpha 1. Noticed in the routing table under system log with 386.4 an entry to do with IGMP, however with the update to 386.5 A1 the entry is no longer in the table. I use the setting under IPTV to enable multicast routing. This is an observation, I notice no impact to performance. The fact that I had the entry in the routing table with 386.4 was a new thing, first time I noticed the IGMP IP range in the table. So I ask which way is the right way @RMerlin, to show the IGMP entry in the routing table or not to? Thanks for your dedication to this firmware sir.

Filthy upgrades in progress now on my RT-AX88U APs... let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

EDIT: Upgrade looks good, Nest/IOT/TP-Link devices all seem happy for now... will monitor during the day. So far so good.

Last edited:
Filthy upgrades in progress now on my RT-AX88U APs... let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

EDIT: Upgrade looks good, Nest/IOT/TP-Link devices all seem happy for now... will monitor during the day. So far so good.
You're talking about the second Alpha release in the above?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!