What's new

386.5 cannot change client name

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joeejo

Occasional Visitor
I am running merlin 386.5 on an Asus RT-AC86U router.
In previous version I was able to change the name of the client (see attached image), however since the I upgraded to 386.5 the changes are not saved when I click 'apply'.
Am I doing something wrong or is this a possible bug?

Attachments

• FireShot Webpage Screenshot #205 - 'ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC86U - DHCP Server' - http.jpg
    FireShot Webpage Screenshot #205 - 'ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC86U - DHCP Server' - http.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 166
I am running merlin 386.5 on an Asus RT-AC86U router.
In previous version I was able to change the name of the client (see attached image), however since the I upgraded to 386.5 the changes are not saved when I click 'apply'.
Am I doing something wrong or is this a possible bug?
try changing it in the client list on the main page

try changing it in the client list on the main page
Thank you for your reply.

I have tried from the client list button from the main page, from the LAN > DHCP Server page (for those assigned static ip addresses) and from the "client status" list (appears on the right after clicking on the monitor in the circle above the client list button on the main page) . All three places same result. It continually reverts back to the MAC address and even the changed icon reverts back to the default.

Also I am noticing that many of my assigned ip addresses now show up on the client list page as DHCP and not Manual. (see attached sample)

Attachments

• anydesk00001.jpg
    anydesk00001.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 111
I can edit mine with 386.5. Must be something specific to your system.

I can confirm that there are no issues with DHCP custom names and icons, because after upgrading to 386.5 I did a factory reset and manually entered all custom DHCP clients.
Maybe the OP should also do a factory reset? :rolleyes:

edit: fix typo

Last edited:
In previous version I was able to change the name of the client

I've seen this happening on different Asus routers running Asuswrt or Asuswrt-Merlin, different firmware versions. Just log out of the GIU, log in again and change the name. Perhaps web server quirk, but not related to Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 in particular. Just happens from time to time.

I can confirm that there are no issues with DNS custom names and icons, because after upgrading to 386.5 I did a factory reset and manually entered all custom DHCP clients.
Maybe the OP should also do a factory reset? :rolleyes:

Thank you for the advice. A factory reset seems to have corrected the issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!