What's new

386_1 on both AC86U in AiMesh configuration, Wifi client starts "circling" on their device when accessing Internet content

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jpthsd

Regular Contributor
386_1 on both AC86U in AiMesh configuration, Wifi client starts "circling" on their device when accessing Internet content... It only happens for those Wifi clients connecting to AiMesh Node (Wifi clients are iPhone5S, iPhone7plus, iPhone8, iPhone11MaxPro, iPad..etc).

Those WiFi client connecting to that AiMesh node that to disconnect manually and reconnected again in order to get their Internet access work again.

I then upgraded AiMesh Node to 386.1_2 (however the AiMesh main still at 386.1)...it's still the same.

is it required both main & node to be on 386.1_2? I guess I would try out to upgrade to 386.1_2 on the main AiMesh, just asked if anyone experience the same and what your way did solve your problem.

I also gave a try of having AX86U on Asus latest official firmware and AiMesh node AC86U on 386.1_2 firmware and it's still happened the same. I then switch both AX86U & AC86U to the latest released firmware from Asus and it's currently working without any issue (no "circling" on the WiFi client connected to the AC86U AiMesh node (this scenario is current and both AX86U & AC86U on AsusWRT firmware)

Can you please provide your feedback on the scenario:
1 - AiMesh main on AsusWRT and AiMesh Node on Merlin 386.1_2 (mine isn't that good as reported above if the main still at AsusWRT even node at 386.1_2 , maybe better when upgraded the main to Merlin 386.1_2)
2 - AiMesh main & node both on 386.1_2 - do you experience any mobile client connected to the AiMesh node having "circling" and then manually disconnect and reconnect the client in order to work again?
3 - AiMesh main is 386.1_2 and AiMesh node is on AsusWRT firmware, how does it work for you?

Thank you everyone for your time on this!

I'm not fully understanding what 'circling' is in the context above, but I would always recommend having both the main and AiMesh nodes on the same level of firmware. Including doing the quick 'remove', reboot, and re-associate the nodes too after flashing all routers on the network to the latest firmware, to make sure the AiMesh network is stable with its new defaults and variables.

Currently, I am testing the latest Alpha 386.2 firmware RMerlin has made available and so far, I've only needed to reboot an RT-AC56U used in Media Bridge mode (over 2 days after updating both RT-AX86U's).

I'm not fully understanding what 'circling' is in the context above, but I would always recommend having both the main and AiMesh nodes on the same level of firmware. Including doing the quick 'remove', reboot, and re-associate the nodes too after flashing all routers on the network to the latest firmware, to make sure the AiMesh network is stable with its new defaults and variables.

Currently, I am testing the latest Alpha 386.2 firmware RMerlin has made available and so far, I've only needed to reboot an RT-AC56U used in Media Bridge mode (over 2 days after updating both RT-AX86U's).
on Wifi client when they were in youtube or Facebook video the "circle" running around around waiting for the data...and eventually the Youtube said offline.

Ah, buffering. :)

Ah, buffering. :)
yeah ,,,a never-end-buffering until clients disconnect and reconnect the wifi again.

As of now,,,I am kind stable with AsusWRT..no sure what's with 386.1 (or even 386.1_2). I am kinda hesitate to move on 386.1 or 386.1_2 again (I was solid, super stable at 384.18)....arghh!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!