What's new

443 not forwarding 384.19->386.1 Dirty Update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jaaem

New Around Here
After a dirty upgrade, port forwarding on 443 no longer works for me from outside the network. Other ports work fine. I don't run AI Cloud, but changed the port just in case. The port-forward tables look ok. It will work again without any setting changes with a dirty revert back to 384.19. However, reverting messes up the router password (seems the never version hashes the password). Luckily I could still ssh in with the saved key and reset manually with the commands below. I have done this upgrade->revert process twice, with the same results.
Code:
nvram set http_passwd="mypassword"
nvram commit
reboot

I can try a clean upgrade, but want to make sure nothing else is the issue. Thanks for any help

After a dirty upgrade, port forwarding on 443 no longer works for me from outside the network. Other ports work fine. I don't run AI Cloud, but changed the port just in case. The port-forward tables look ok. It will work again without any setting changes with a dirty revert back to 384.19. However, reverting messes up the router password (seems the never version hashes the password). Luckily I could still ssh in with the saved key and reset manually with the commands below. I have done this upgrade->revert process twice, with the same results.

Code:
nvram set http_passwd="mypassword"
nvram commit
reboot

I can try a clean upgrade, but want to make sure nothing else is the issue. Thanks for any help
As the release notes tells you, be prepared to do a reset if things don't work right. I went from 384.19 to 386.1 and things seemed to work for a while. Then I just did a hard factory reset and configured manually. Forwarding port 443 works for me as well as everything else I need to have working.
The best planned mission goes to pot after the first shot is fired...