What's new

GT-BE98 Pro not saving some settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

p1r473

Regular Contributor
Hi, thanks for reading my thread. I was just changing some port forwarding ports in my GT-BE98 Pro and all of a sudden my port forward table seems empty. I was checking some other tables, and other tables are gone.

-DHCP tables seem dropped
-Port Forwarding table is dropped
-Authorized SSH Key is gone

No big deal, I just reupload my saved settings. Right?
Wrong - even after uploading my saved settings, my DHCP, port forwards, and SSH keys is gone

OK, so just reflash the firmware right?
Wrong again, even after reflashing firmware and then reuploading my settings, this data is still missing.

OK so just manually re-enter it right?
Sure, I repaste in my SSH key. After clicking apply, the SSH key is still missing.
Re-adding a DHCP static IP, clicking apply, then checking the table, the data is still missing
Re-adding a a port forward, clicking apply, then checking the table, the data is still missing

Whats going on? Its not dead NVRam on my new router as some settings persist.
Some settings still are fine. Username, password, MAC address from ISP, DNS servers, guest network, firewall settings most is fine.

Its been working fine until today... Im on the latest Asus firmware 3.0.0.6.102_32882. I see _33570 is available but only for GT-BE98 (NOT Pro). Should I try the firmware for the non pro model?

Last edited:
It seems to be possible for the device to fill up its /jffs partition and if that is full, it can stop some settings from being updated - either because it actually stores them on the partition or because it needs to store them there temporarily before writing to nvram. Either way, it stops working. In my case, it seemed to be due to having the traffic analyzer on. I turned it off and recovered some space and things went back to normal.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!