What's new

5g disappeared

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Darl

Occasional Visitor
My 5g disappeared, I think after the last update. My laptop wired to router says connected to 5g. But wireless is no where to be found. I think the best thing I can do is to factory reset the router(ax86u)I don't know where to look. Before I saw a 5g turn on switch, now I don't.

are you talking about cellular or local wireless off your asus ?

if asus, check this thread on your ax86u

Should see wireless on the router status page when you log in to the router and then go to advanced settings even if you turned off the radio.
Did you “hide” the ssid ?
do you see 2.4 GHz ssid or the 5GHz ssid on another wireless device ( phone, tablet, laptop ) ?

If you cannot see the ssids or get to the configuration pages then
Factory reset per directions ( search for @L&LD in the Asus subforum here )
Don’t load a saved config file. Manually re configure basic settings to get it working again.

My 5g disappeared, I think after the last update. My laptop wired to router says connected to 5g. But wireless is no where to be found. I think the best thing I can do is to factory reset the router(ax86u)I don't know where to look. Before I saw a 5g turn on switch, now I don't.

What 5.0 control channel is the router configured for?

OE

are you talking about cellular or local wireless off your asus ?

if asus, check this thread on your ax86u

Should see wireless on the router status page when you log in to the router and then go to advanced settings even if you turned off the radio.
Did you “hide” the ssid ?
do you see 2.4 GHz ssid or the 5GHz ssid on another wireless device ( phone, tablet, laptop ) ?

If you cannot see the ssids or get to the configuration pages then
Factory reset per directions ( search for @L&LD in the Asus subforum here )
Don’t load a saved config file. Manually re configure basic settings to get it working again.
I will try and reset, I saw yesterday 5g was turned off when I tried to add a extender with wds button. So, I turned it on but poof 5g disappeared. I see 5g on my other Asus router. Sometimes the 2.4g disappears also. I looked at the automatic update, and it is about the same time I lost my 5g. The 2 Asus routers are on the same Internet, it with different VPN's. I was adding an extender for the Yard when I noticed it. Thanks. I'll keep you a breast as what I had to do. Not an emergency since I have 2 routers with a bunch of access points..
What 5.0 control channel is the router configured for?

OE
48 is the 5g channel

I bit the bullet and factory reset the router this morning after trying to get rid of Alexa with my Gmail account that I added about the same time. Now I just need to figure what to tweak. As I am up and running. Made the same side as before, so most item reconnected.

I bit the bullet and factory reset the router this morning after trying to get rid of Alexa with my Gmail account that I added about the same time. Now I just need to figure what to tweak. As I am up and running. Made the same side as before, so most item reconnected.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions

The less you change, the better. The following links may help.

Fully Reset / Best Practice Setup / More

Almost all L&LD Links

About L&LD

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!