What's new

5Gh SSID invisible. 380.61

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ton

New Around Here
Hi,

In Wireless WPS the switch frequency button is not visible and also my SSID for the 5 Gh is not visible in the list of ID's.
what setting am I doing wrong? tr-ac87u.

thnx

I have the 5300 and the past 2 ASUS firmwares have been dropping my 5Ghz SSID. I think 3341 was the last stable one for me. I have also been getting random reboots. Nothing shows in the log when these events happen. The router was stable for 6 months then started doing this right after the firmware update. I tried reverting using the recovery tool and tried Merlin. It seems like it permanently messed up the wireless.

The 5Gh SSID appeared spontaneously on my desktop PC and my android tablet. Still not seeiing it on laptop...

Is this a known issue with 380.61? I purchased the router last week and it seems to be ok while I was away but then today I connected to my work VPN on my laptop and my wifi dropped and it looks like the router rebooted. Does this firmware have an issue with VPN connections?