What's new

5GHz SSID not visible after reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bolten88

New Around Here
Hello,

i'm quite new to the Merlin firmwares. I just started a few weeks ago with the latest version 384.19 on a RT-AC88U. I did a factory reset en did all my configurations again by hand. But the last few days i mentioned that when i reboot the router the 5GHz SSID is not visible. When disable/enable the wireless radio the SSID becomes visible. Every reboot i have to this.

I made a configuration backup, then a factory reset and restored the backup but that didn't make any difference. Is this a bug or something? Or are others experiencing this as well?

How long are you waiting for the network to come up? You may need 10 minutes or more depending on your WiFi environment and how close radar/weather signals are.

Restoring a backup config file after resetting the router effectively negates the full reset. I would fully reset the router one more time and then minimally and manually configure it (see the M&M Config guide in the link in my signature below).

You should also be using a fixed Control Channel that is not in the DFS range too, and ideally, a new SSID that has never been used before by your client devices.

How long are you waiting for the network to come up? You may need 10 minutes or more depending on your WiFi environment and how close radar/weather signals are.

Restoring a backup config file after resetting the router effectively negates the full reset. I would fully reset the router one more time and then minimally and manually configure it (see the M&M Config guide in the link in my signature below).

You should also be using a fixed Control Channel that is not in the DFS range too, and ideally, a new SSID that has never been used before by your client devices.

Thanks for your reply.

I waited more than 10 minutes and still the SSID was not working after a reboot.

My next step is doing what you said. A full reset and do the configuration manually again and check the results. I will do that tomorrow and check the results.

I never set the channels manually, what would be a good suggestion? 48?

Between 36 to 48 and the channels above DFS, 149 to 161, are all possible candidates.

@L&LD i did a factory reset and reconfigured my settings manually. I followed your M&M topic to do the basic configurations as well and i configured a static 5ghz channel. No i can succesfully reboot the router again and everything comes up automaticaly. So business as usual. Thanks for you replies.

Do you have an idea when version 386.1 will be released to production?

No, I do not.