What's new

86U Samba, slow transfers SOMETIMES

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rlj2

I know there are threads on this. But Ive searched alot (google also), and really not finding any answers. When I cp from computer to computer across my network i get around 50-75mb/sec. I have a usb external drive on the asus, then a thumb drive for jffs.
MOST the time I reboot the router I only get 1-2/mb/sec transfering to the external drive. But I can cp from the thumb (which is very slow) to the external via cli on the router and get 30mb easy (thumb drive is really slow). So Its not a hardware issue. Every once in awhile
I reboot the router and can get 100mb/sec to the external drive on a wired connect. I just unmounted, remounted about 3 times and finally was getting 30mb which is good enough. Im using usbaccelertor also (which ive tried with and without).
I just moved everything back to .18, but has pretty much always been this way. I use the external drive for backups. Well it takes hell of long time at 1mb/sec if I have to cp 10gig. Any input would be much appreciated.

No you don't. jffs is the router's internal flash memory. An external thumb drive is just another external drive.

/dev/sdb1 29707212 2199228 25975876 8% /tmp/mnt/jffs , its where entware is installed and part of jffs

/dev/sdb1 29707212 2199228 25975876 8% /tmp/mnt/jffs , its where entware is installed and part of jffs
That's not one of the router's standard filesystems (unlike /jffs) so I don't know where it came from. Perhaps it's part of some third party software you've installed?

That's not one of the router's standard filesystems (unlike /jffs) so I don't know where it came from. Perhaps it's part of some third party software you've installed?
amtm , install entware or swap. I factory reset this morning trying yet again to fix the samba slow issue. only thing installed was entware and flexqos

amtm , install entware or swap. I factory reset this morning trying yet again to fix the samba slow issue. only thing installed was entware and flexqos
So when you formatted your thumb drive did you give it a label called "jffs"?