What's new

A iOS game's problem on 386.3_2/386.3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

isail

Occasional Visitor
I am playing a iOS game called WOTB

After I update firmware 386.3_2/386.3, sometimes it gets a high ping(about 200ms~400ms), somtimes, not always
It is usually about 100ms before update

Then I turn off Wi-Fi, It is about 150ms when using 4G
I flash it back to firmware 386.2_6, the ping returns normal(about 100ms)
So, there's no problem with mobile/game program/internet

I flash it back to firmware 386.3_2/386.3, high ping comes back again

I flash it back to firmware 386.2_6, the ping retuerns normal again

The router is RT-AC66U B1, 'factory' settings each time after flashing, same PPPoE account&password, same Wi-Fi name&password, same router account&password, other settings keep default

Same game server each time

So, what can I do except keeing firmware 386.2_6?

I would try either using a new SSID or fully resetting the Network on the i-device. For a start.

I would try either using a new SSID or fully resetting the Network on the i-device. For a start.
Did, I reset the iOS network, even uninstall and reinstall the game, before flashing firmwares. None of these change the situation.

Changing SSID name fixs problem? The 1st time I'v ever heard.

Will it fix it? Hopefully. Does it fix it (unequivocally)?

Never said that. :)

Will it fix it? Hopefully. Does it fix it (unequivocally)?

Never said that. :)
Of course not

I flash 386.3_2 back again yesterday, high ping problem appears again

So I have to flash 386.2_6 back, working very well today

Fully Reset / Best Practice Setup / More

Going back to an older firmware is not acceptable (to me). Maybe some of the links above can help you get on the current firmware with known bugs and security fixes among other improvements. Even the latest Alpha release (386.4x) is stable enough to test on your network.

But the newest firmware can't fix a need to do a full reset on the router (and it seems like it is needed here too).

Did Fully Reset each time after flashing!

I have tried 386.4 alpha yesterday, high PING and Data Loss(2 values) still appear sometimes and I can feel it.

Reflash firmware 382.6_2 again, no problems any more(About 4 hours playing, same time period of the day, same place/distance to the router).

Going back to an older firmware is not acceptable to me too, but this game makes me puzzled...