What's new

AC1900 First Look: NETGEAR R7000 & ASUS RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct, Chuck. The R7000 maintained that advantage in the retest.

Thanks for the quote in your article by the way!

The USB throughput is of little interest to me, but I guess as a reviewer trying to harmonise a common metric system for ratings, it is getting increasingly difficult for comparison with features that are not in the strict definition of a router function but increasingly popular.

I was very surprised by your WUMC710 bridge results as I get significantly higher results than you got and at greater distances. Unfortunately in the UK, it is the only option right now, other than using a second router, as the WD bridge is still not available.

Last edited:
I was very surprised by your WUMC710 bridge results as I get significantly higher results than you got and at greater distances. Unfortunately in the UK, it is the only option right now, other than using a second router, as the WD bridge is still not available.
Glad you like the product. What router are you using it with and do you find "aiming" the bridge significantly improves performance?

Glad you like the product. What router are you using it with and do you find "aiming" the bridge significantly improves performance?

I have used it with an RT-AC66U and an RT-AC68U. With the 68U I am getting around 350Mbits (420 peak) at a distance of 20 feet through a ceiling (wood/plasterboard). The throughput was measured using LST server and client.

EDIT: I meant to say that I found little difference by aiming or positioning the WUMC710.

Last edited:
Closing Thread

Hi folks,
I should have done this awhile ago. The thread has gotten way too long.
Please start new threads for topics related to either product. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!