What's new

AC1900P CPU temps

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

neil0311

Router is an access point only, in a room 68-70 degrees F. No VPN or AI Cloud or USB hard drive attached, and only a few clients (2 cell phones and a couple of laptops with some other devices like smart TVs that would typically not be active at the same time as the other clients). This router doesn't get very heavy use most of the time.

CPU Load Average (1, 5, 15 mins) = 0.15, 0.12, 0.14

The CPU temps seem to stay between 80-82 degrees C. The radios are at 54/55 degrees C. I've tried toggling on/off the AI Protection stack to see if that affects the CPU and the CPU temps, but there's not a huge difference (maybe a degree).

Is 80-82 degrees normal? The CPU is clocked at 1.4 GHz, but still seems high under a pretty moderate load.

Router is an access point only, in a room 68-70 degrees F. No VPN or AI Cloud or USB hard drive attached, and only a few clients (2 cell phones and a couple of laptops with some other devices like smart TVs that would typically not be active at the same time as the other clients). This router doesn't get very heavy use most of the time.

The CPU temps seem to stay between 80-82 degrees C. The radios are at 54/55 degrees C. I've tried toggling on/off the AI Protection stack to see if that affects the CPU and the CPU temps, but there's not a huge difference (maybe a degree).

Is 80-82 degrees normal? The CPU is clocked at 1.4 GHz, but still seems high under a pretty moderate load.
Normal my friend, many types of fans can be used to cool the router, if you prefer.

Normal my friend, many types of fans can be used to cool the router, if you prefer.

Thanks. I don't remember my AC68P running that hot, but maybe it was the lower CPU core speeds. I've also seen posts where folks have said that anything over 80 was too hot, so that alarmed me (and this router is new).

Same router and normal for sure.

Here are my current temps, during the winter months:

2.4 GHz: 48°C - 5 GHz: 53°C - CPU: 72°C

During summer months, they are closer to your temps.