1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AC1900P CPU temps

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by neil0311, Jan 12, 2019.

1. neil0311

neil0311 Regular Contributor

Router is an access point only, in a room 68-70 degrees F. No VPN or AI Cloud or USB hard drive attached, and only a few clients (2 cell phones and a couple of laptops with some other devices like smart TVs that would typically not be active at the same time as the other clients). This router doesn't get very heavy use most of the time.

CPU Load Average (1, 5, 15 mins) = 0.15, 0.12, 0.14

The CPU temps seem to stay between 80-82 degrees C. The radios are at 54/55 degrees C. I've tried toggling on/off the AI Protection stack to see if that affects the CPU and the CPU temps, but there's not a huge difference (maybe a degree).

Is 80-82 degrees normal? The CPU is clocked at 1.4 GHz, but still seems high under a pretty moderate load.

2. skeal

skeal Part of the Furniture

Normal my friend, many types of fans can be used to cool the router, if you prefer.

scjr likes this.
  3. neil0311

neil0311 Regular Contributor

Thanks. I don't remember my AC68P running that hot, but maybe it was the lower CPU core speeds. I've also seen posts where folks have said that anything over 80 was too hot, so that alarmed me (and this router is new).

4. scjr

scjr Very Senior Member

Same router and normal for sure.

Here are my current temps, during the winter months:

2.4 GHz: 48°C - 5 GHz: 53°C - CPU: 72°C

During summer months, they are closer to your temps.

neil0311 likes this.
  5. Sanna1967

Sanna1967 Senior Member

Normal

neil0311 likes this.