What's new

AC3100 Split Tunneling question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SpykeYs

Occasional Visitor
Hi !

I am new to using merlin and before I proceed I just want to make sure Merlin is going to be suitable for my need.

I would like to use my AC3100 as a client for Private Internet Access VPN. I was to be able to make routing decisions so all my Fire Stick goes through VPN but my ipad to use my WAN ISP.

i also have a windows server with a plex server on it. I would like all traffic to use vpn with the exception or the plex aerver to use my wan isp internet.

will i be able to achieve this with merlin ?

thanks !!

With RMerlin firmware and the amtm/script support available, yes.

What ISP speeds do you have up/down? What are your expectations of the VPN performance? The RT-AC3100 is capable of about 50Mbps over VPN if both your ISP and the ISP service you're connecting to are capable of that too.

Hi,

My ISP is 1000Mbps (Bell Fibe). What router you recommend if I want to achieve greater than 50Mbps ?

Also, let's say I assign my Fire Stick to 0.0.0.0 via WAN with the exception of my IPTV provider ? Would I simply create a rule for Fire Stick to IPTV provider IP address via VPN ?

Thanks,

1Gbps, up/down?

The RT-AC86U and the RT-AX88U are the highest performing VPN routers today that I can recommend with RMerlin firmware. They should be able to get 200Mbps or more.

Please ask that other question in the x3mRouting thread, @Xentrk is the one who can answer that authoritatively. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!