What's new

AC3100 will not power on after power outage

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dess

New Around Here
Asus AC3100 was working perfectly until the last power outage. Since then, when switching on, only the WAN led and the ones to its right first flash. The LAN-1, USB2.0 and WPS leds light up in a very faded manner. I tried accessing the GUI via LAN but could not find the IP. Any recommandations or guidance would be appreciated.

Check your power supply it may have taken a surge.

It reads 19.3 V, which is fine... but thanks
That means almost nothing. You need to to check how much power it is outputting amps, watts etc. A bad power supply can be putting out the correct voltage but little power.

You'll be lucky if the power supply only took the hit. Asus uses high main power supply voltage and multiple DC-to-DC step down converters to power different circuits on the PCB. Routers like AC5300 have 10 inside. Some of them burn for unknown reason.

Thanks for your help guys. I bought a new router... and I will open this one up as a little project eventually... maybe :)

I was having a similar problem with my AC3100 after a power outage, although not sure it correlates with the outage or just a coincidence because the router is powered through an UPS and the house has a protection against surges. Anyway, when I tried to power on the router, the WAN LED lights up, then the two LEDs on the right (USB and WPS), then power LED on the right and then all if them turn off and nothing happens. When I held the power button, the same light show happened, but at the end the power LED was blinking as long as I held the button. Long story short I noticed that the power button even though being pressed and depressed back by spring action, did not produce a click. Somehow the power button stopped resetting its switch. But when I push it to the side in a depressed state, I hear the click of the switch resetting, and then the button can be pressed again with an audible click. That solved the problem for me temporarily, but I think the button can be replaced if not repaired.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!