AC3100 will not power on after power outage

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Dess

New Around Here
Asus AC3100 was working perfectly until the last power outage. Since then, when switching on, only the WAN led and the ones to its right first flash. The LAN-1, USB2.0 and WPS leds light up in a very faded manner. I tried accessing the GUI via LAN but could not find the IP. Any recommandations or guidance would be appreciated.

CaptainSTX

Part of the Furniture
It reads 19.3 V, which is fine... but thanks
That means almost nothing. You need to to check how much power it is outputting amps, watts etc. A bad power supply can be putting out the correct voltage but little power.

Tech9

Very Senior Member
You'll be lucky if the power supply only took the hit. Asus uses high main power supply voltage and multiple DC-to-DC step down converters to power different circuits on the PCB. Routers like AC5300 have 10 inside. Some of them burn for unknown reason.

Dess

New Around Here
Thanks for your help guys. I bought a new router... and I will open this one up as a little project eventually... maybe :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online