What's new

AC3200 goes crazy and loses all contact

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gc38398

New Around Here
I've had one for a few weeks now and this problem occurs maybe twice a week. I'm running the latest release (380.57) of Asuswrt Merlin. My computer is hardwired to the router, but there are also wireless devices connected.

When the problem is occurring, all of the traffic activity lights will blink crazily and I can't connect to, or even ping, the router. If I turn the router off, give it half a minute, then turn it back on, it seems to clear up the problem. Anyone else see this problem?

I've had one for a few weeks now and this problem occurs maybe twice a week. I'm running the latest release (380.57) of Asuswrt Merlin. My computer is hardwired to the router, but there are also wireless devices connected.

When the problem is occurring, all of the traffic activity lights will blink crazily and I can't connect to, or even ping, the router. If I turn the router off, give it half a minute, then turn it back on, it seems to clear up the problem. Anyone else see this problem?
Have you checked the temps of radios and cpu ? When you updated to merlin latest did you factory reset and enter new settings ? ,I have 4 hard wired devices and over 20 wireless and have been stable for months on one unit with older merlin FW 378 and a month or so on the other 3200 on latest 380 FW.
Are you using smart connect and or any of the extras like protection modules ?

Last edited:
How many devices connected?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Probably about 20 in all. That's computers, phones, tablets, TVs, DVRs, printers, even another router running a strictly 2.4Ghz wireless network. The AC3200 is only hosting wired and 5Ghz wireless.

I've started charting the data usage with rrdtool to see if I can see any patterns. I'll also start using my main computer for logging the from router. It will probably take a few days to see any results.