What's new

AC66U-B1 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_32738

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

There are probably several, here's a more recent one I'd been following. https://www.snbforums.com/threads/wifi-calling-and-aimesh.46181/page-2
Until someone declares they have definitively run it through it's paces and it handles hand-offs fine I'm done experimenting. Turning off net acceleration slowed my connection dramatically, calls were handled better (not flawless) and not worth the sacrifice. AIMesh is good in theory but the real world uses of WiFi in homes with crappy wireless coverage makes it unusable still. I'm sure they will figure it out in time...

There are probably several, here's a more recent one I'd been following. https://www.snbforums.com/threads/wifi-calling-and-aimesh.46181/page-2
Until someone declares they have definitively run it through it's paces and it handles hand-offs fine I'm done experimenting. Turning off net acceleration slowed my connection dramatically, calls were handled better (not flawless) and not worth the sacrifice. AIMesh is good in theory but the real world uses of WiFi in homes with crappy wireless coverage makes it unusable still. I'm sure they will figure it out in time...

There seems to be a lot variability... our one Android Nexus 5x with WiFi calling is working here on AiMesh... 2xRT-AC86U with no NAT acceleration setting available in the GUI.

OE

Sorry to go a bit off topic here but can anyone here using the RT-AC66U B1 with Version 3.0.0.4.384.32738 & AiMesh tell me if NAT Loopback is working and whether it required any setting changes? TIA!

I'm using with 2 ac66u b1, wired backhaul aimesh... the node router loses 5ghz radio after a few days, 5ghz light also off on router. A power cycle brings it back.

Main router does not lose either radio ever.

Hmm.

I'm using with 2 ac66u b1, wired backhaul aimesh... the node router loses 5ghz radio after a few days, 5ghz light also off on router. A power cycle brings it back.

Main router does not lose either radio ever.

Hmm.
I will perform power cycle + wps method to reset nvram first to see if it help the issue.
power off the router for 30+ sec, hold wps button while powering on
wait till the power LED start flashing/blinking release the wps button
now wait for the router/node to reboot and reconfigure everything from there.

can't say if it will help, but it's a quick troubleshoot step that can sometimes address those weird issue, especially after firmware updates.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!