What's new

AC66u Web Interface Slow.. not slow... REALLY slow (2-3 min to load)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Since the issue seems to be new with Eset's V7 product, you could try downgrading to V6 and see if it works better (in general their product keys aren't tied to a specific version, tho I've only done upgrades for my customers - I never tried a downgrade).

MSE is very basic. Its detection rate is pretty poor compared to other products from what I saw in a recent AV bulletin. If you are the kind that's at risk of being infected (like less tech-savvy members of your family) then it's best to invest in a commercial product.

Trend Micro Titanium 2013/4 causes same issue as Eset

Since the issue seems to be new with Eset's V7 product, you could try downgrading to V6 and see if it works better (in general their product keys aren't tied to a specific version, tho I've only done upgrades for my customers - I never tried a downgrade).

MSE is very basic. Its detection rate is pretty poor compared to other products from what I saw in a recent AV bulletin. If you are the kind that's at risk of being infected (like less tech-savvy members of your family) then it's best to invest in a commercial product.

Actually my issue was with Trend Micro Internet Security (2013 I think) .. I just removed Trend and installed Bit Defender and the issues have all gone away on both my desktop and laptop.

Ive been using Avast Free for few years on all my computers and laptops and have AdBlockPlus installed on FireFox and IE. And i have no issues.

So if you get sick of fiddling with NOD32, i recommend you switch over to Avast.

My apologies...

I have determined that NOD is actually the cause of the issue for me. Even though it said that all the modules were disabled when I was troubleshooting, it was still blocking something. After uninstalling the antivirus, the web GUI loaded properly (Just like Ubuntu).

Now I tried adding the router to the exclusions in various ways which has helped some but it still fights to load completely :confused:

I know this isn't really the forum but does anyone know how to excluded that completely in NOD Antivirus. Here is what I have tried but it doesn't completely fix the problem as NOD is still affecting it somehow.

Capture.JPG

That should not work, you have entered an IP address in a URL field.

Try the place in my screenshot

Attachments

• 2013-12-29_14h26_11.jpg
    2013-12-29_14h26_11.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 606
different config but same problem

i have the same problem from different PC's and different configuration but same OS ...WIn 8.1 from a notebook with XP everything is OK!!
first PC win 8.1 - cable network -Avast AV -MS firewall
second PC Win 8.1 -cable and Wifi network -McAfees AV & firewall

i check it with all the browser without success and with firewall and AV disabled (not uninitialised).

I know that it couldn't a router problem but it have to be solved or i have to keep an XP pc/partition to setup the router...:eek:

PS : using virtual machine on Win 8.1 doesn't solve the problem (linux, xp, and other OS tested).

That should not work, you have entered an IP address in a URL field.

Try the place in my screenshot

Thanks. This is indeed the answer if you run Nod 7.0. I added the default IP of the router and problem solved. Prior to this, after clicking two links, the GUI would lock up.

FYI, I'm running W8.1 X64, FF 27.01 with Adblock plus, NOD 7.0.302.26. RT-AC68R with 3.0.0.4.374_4422 firmware. Tried GUI in FF, Chrome and IE11 without success.

Adding router IP to 'Excluded IP addresses' was the only thing that worked. Temporarily disabling 'Web Access Protection' and 'Anti-Phishing Protection' made no difference.

Thanks DrTeeth!

Last edited:
I have got ESET as well.
In my case putting router adress 192.168.0.1 to exluded list dosn't work.

I must set "Scanning HTTP protocole" as disabled and now webui works properly.

I have got ESET as well.
In my case putting router adress 192.168.0.1 to exluded list dosn't work.

I must set "Scanning HTTP protocole" as disabled and now webui works properly.

Try adding router address to Web and Email > Protocol filtering > Excluded ip addresses.

That solved my problem. I still can't believe all the searching on useless Google and Bing and it was that simple.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online