What's new

AC68P can't get full 400 Mbps speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

camedia

Occasional Visitor
I just upgraded by Xfinity internet service from 60 Mbps to 400 Mbps. A direct connection to my Motorola SB8600 cable modem can achieve more than 400 Mbps, but I could only get about 130 Mbps wired through the AC68P. After turning off QoS, web history, parental control, and etc., I am now able to get close to 300 Mbps. I am on the latest firmware.

My question is, which higher end ASUS router will allow me to use the entire 400 Mbps bandwidth or maybe even 1 Gbps without disabling any features.

Thanks.

Any feature that requires hardware acceleration to be disabled (such as Traditional QoS) will limit your throughput to about 300 Mbps. You will have to either stick to features that are compatible with hardware acceleration (like Adaptive QoS), or move to an RT-AC88U or better.

Thank you so much! I enabled NAT acceleration in LAN -> Switch Control, and now I am getting 430 Mbps.

Thank you so much! I enabled NAT acceleration in LAN -> Switch Control, and now I am getting 430 Mbps.
thank him by switching to his firmware; believe me, you'll thank yourself for that too.

Any feature that requires hardware acceleration to be disabled (such as Traditional QoS) will limit your throughput to about 300 Mbps. You will have to either stick to features that are compatible with hardware acceleration (like Adaptive QoS), or move to an RT-AC88U or better.
Let's hear it for the good old 88 U

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!