1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AC68P can't get full 400 Mbps speed

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by camedia, Aug 19, 2019.

1. camedia

camedia Occasional Visitor

I just upgraded by Xfinity internet service from 60 Mbps to 400 Mbps. A direct connection to my Motorola SB8600 cable modem can achieve more than 400 Mbps, but I could only get about 130 Mbps wired through the AC68P. After turning off QoS, web history, parental control, and etc., I am now able to get close to 300 Mbps. I am on the latest firmware.

My question is, which higher end ASUS router will allow me to use the entire 400 Mbps bandwidth or maybe even 1 Gbps without disabling any features.

Thanks.

2. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

3. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Any feature that requires hardware acceleration to be disabled (such as Traditional QoS) will limit your throughput to about 300 Mbps. You will have to either stick to features that are compatible with hardware acceleration (like Adaptive QoS), or move to an RT-AC88U or better.

royarcher likes this.
  4. camedia

camedia Occasional Visitor

Thank you so much! I enabled NAT acceleration in LAN -> Switch Control, and now I am getting 430 Mbps.

5. heysoundude

heysoundude Senior Member

thank him by switching to his firmware; believe me, you'll thank yourself for that too.

royarcher likes this.
  6. royarcher

royarcher Senior Member

Let's hear it for the good old 88 U