What's new

AC68U - ADSL for downloads, 4g USB for uploads?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vino-vino

New Around Here
I have had a long day battling against losing my ADSL connection, banging my head with telephone support, purchasing a 4g USB dongle and configuring that.
My head hurts.

Anyway, one thing to come out of this is that is that I have found out my 4g provider gives me 30x quicker uploads than my ADSL. I get 1Mb upload via my ADSL and when I do, the downloads freeze to virtually zero.
I'm in Australia BTW - our internet is amongst the worst on earth, but we do have the beaches.

So - my tired head has had a thought - when all this is over - is it at all possible to send all upload traffic through my 4g USB and all downloads through my ADLS? Or are these just the thoughts of a rambling idiot?

It would make my life so much easier in a way that this bourbon can not. (Though, after days like this, bourbon is answer to almost every question).

Hoping the snb/merlin community can answer my prayers without telling me off for not doing my research.

Cheers!

Vince.

Sadly not possible to split upload/download over diverse connections.

Traffic needs to flow to/from the same IP for a given connection.

If your 4G is that much quicker for upload I’d expect it is also similar/faster than the DSL for download too?

Why not just switch to a 4G connection as your main ISP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the swift response JDB.
I thought not - was just in pure hope that I asked.

Yes - 4g is killing the downloads too, though I generally have just enough on ADSL such that it’s not a problem I notice.

I’d deffo go all-in in 4g, except my wallet doesn’t like 4g prices. It’s like 5x more expensive than my ADSL. I have to wait until June before finally - finally - we get fibre optic in the neighbourhood.

So maybe I’ll put up with ADSL for now, maybe I’ll go crazy and buy tons of 4g download - depends on what the bourbon tells me.

But thanks for replying mate - i do appreciate it

Reactions: JDB
Are you saying that when uploading at full speed your download is being crippled? You might want to look into some sort of quality of service to alleviate that probem.