What's new

ac68u aimesh slow lan

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

royzboyz

New Around Here
I have a rt ax82u as the main router with a bluecave and ac68u as the ai mesh nodes, all on ethernet backhaul. (Gigabit internet connection)

I used to get close to a gigabit from my ac68 u (desktop connected to it wired ethernet)

All of a sudden I notice i am maxing out at 450-500 mbps.

I reset the ac68u a few times but the same result. Current firmware is 3.0.0.4.386_51665.

Has the latest firmware done this?

I have a rt ax82u as the main router with a bluecave and ac68u as the ai mesh nodes, all on ethernet backhaul. (Gigabit internet connection)

I used to get close to a gigabit from my ac68 u (desktop connected to it wired ethernet)

All of a sudden I notice i am maxing out at 450-500 mbps.

I reset the ac68u a few times but the same result. Current firmware is 3.0.0.4.386_51665.

Has the latest firmware done this?

The 68U is just acting as a switch in that case, so there should not be any firmware or CPU related issues. Possible but unlikely. Check your cabling. What are you testing to, internet, a PC connected to the AX, etc?

PC connected to main router ax82u get close to a gigabit

PC connected to ai mesh node ac68 u - capped at 500 mbps speed test.

I find the 500mbps figure quite strange, its like as if there is some software limitation.

Cabling seems ok to me, I mean the speeds were good before dunno why they suddenly dropped like by half.

PC connected to main router ax82u get close to a gigabit

PC connected to ai mesh node ac68 u - capped at 500 mbps speed test.

I find the 500mbps figure quite strange, its like as if there is some software limitation.

Cabling seems ok to me, I mean the speeds were good before dunno why they suddenly dropped like by half.

Only thing that comes to mind is cabling. You're basically just using the node as a switch at that point. It is doing some VLAN tagging etc on the backhaul but mine can do that at full line rate no problem. Sure there is no QOS being done on the main router or something? Try plugging a PC directly into the backhaul cable and see what you get.

Yea when i plugged my PC directly into the backhaul cable i got 900 mbps. QOS is off.. although I have a TL-SG108E tp link switch in between the router and the nodes.

I am not sure if that is the problem as before speeds were fine. Something happened with this new firmware i feel.

Firmware related issue, reported on different firmware versions:

Firmware related issue, reported on different firmware versions:

Its weird as it was working fine for me just a few months ago. Is there any old firmware I can flash to fix this problem? This post is over a year old ! I am suprised no fix yet

yea thats true mine is about 10 years old now.. been working like a champ since before this problem.

Can I flash a merlin firmware to try and fix this? The stock firmware is on the main router. Will it work?

Read the thread above and see what firmware the folks say is working properly with full bandwidth. Wired AiMesh node is an Access Point and you perhaps don't need the latest firmware on it. No routing there, Wi-Fi security issues are unlikely. Once you find the right firmware don't touch it anymore.

tried downgrading to a firmware the posters suggested didnt work, upgraded to latest merlin didnt work. I guess this router has had its day.

Put another switch in between and now getting 980 mbps on PC. I need this router for wifi in this room so I just connected it to the switch.

Asus seriously bricked this router or my WAN port is on its last legs.

Thanks for the help guys.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!