What's new

ASUS AiMesh - Sling's AIRTV2 device unreachable

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AlHolden

New Around Here
SETUP INFO:
  • RT-AC88U (3.0.0.4.386_48260) connected to Frontier FIOS WAN -> RT-AC68U (3.0.0.4.386_51665) as AiMesh node under Ethernet connection & "backhaul".
  • Wireless router mode / AiMesh Router mode (Default)
  • An AIRTV2 OTA antenna feed device is attached to the RT-AC88U LAN via Ethernet.
  • We have 3 Tivo 4K Stream devices (basically AndroidTV dongles) running Sling.
    • Two are wired to the RT-AC88U and one is wired to the RT-AC68U (Mesh node).
  • The RT-AC88U Firewall has been turned off.
  • To reiterate, all connections are via Ethernet.

PROBLEM:
  • The Sling app on the two 4K Stream devices under RT-AC88U can locate the AIRTV2 device without any problem. :D
  • But the Sling app on the one 4K Stream device under RT-AC68U (the AiMesh node) cannot locate the AIRTV2 device. :mad:
What setting, mapping or routing do I need to perform in order to fix this problem?
I thought that anything on the LAN would be available to any Asus router on it.
I can assign a static IP to the AIRTV2 device if needed, but then what?

Thanks for reading and any help!
Al

PROBLEM:
  • the Sling app on the one 4K Stream device under RT-AC68U (the AiMesh node) cannot locate the AIRTV2 device. :mad:

Some ideas...

Turn the network and clients OFF; then back ON again.

Uninstall and then reinstall the Sling app on the troubled TV.

OE

Thanks OE, but I suspect the problem here is the difference in networks between one node and the other.
The TV's Sling connection is initiated/controlled via a phone app, so I'm pretty sure the AIRTV2 device needs to be on the same net to be discoverable by the phone, not the TV.

Thanks OE, but I suspect the problem here is the difference in networks between one node and the other.
The TV's Sling connection is initiated/controlled via a phone app, so I'm pretty sure the AIRTV2 device needs to be on the same net to be discoverable by the phone, not the TV.

I have an OTA TV tuner wired to my AiMesh router LAN... I access it from a wireless Android app and/or wired PC app from any LAN/WLAN connection... like networking does.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!