AC68U Lan Ports not working

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Rajesh

Occasional Visitor
I have AC68u running on Merlin FW (Vx.384.17), out of blue all the lan ports including WAN port are not working (Wifi is fine though) not sure what went wrong.

Code:
[email protected]:/tmp/home/root# robocfg show
Switch: enabled
Port 0:   DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 2 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 1:   DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 2:   DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 3:   DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 4:   DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 5: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 2 jumbo: off mac: 60:45:cb:67:d6:98
Port 7:   DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 8:   DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
VLANs: BCM5301x enabled mac_check mac_hash
   1: vlan1: 1 2 3 4 5t
   2: vlan2: 0 5

I reverted to asus firmware which didn't help. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rajesh

eibgrad

Very Senior Member
Try a hard reset by holding the reset and WPS buttons at the same time, then applying power and waiting until the LED lights flash in unison (may take a few seconds). Then power off and back on normally. May take several attempts. If that doesn't work, perhaps the switch is physically dead.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture

Zetto

Regular Contributor
I did this but nothing changed
Just to be clear, did you read the instructions for hard reset in the link for your specific router and follow them? If you really did that and nothing's changed, then next you should try finding a replacement power brick, from the same router model if possible.

Rajesh

Occasional Visitor
Just to be clear, did you read the instructions for hard reset in the link for your specific router and follow them? If you really did that and nothing's changed, then next you should try finding a replacement power brick, from the same router model if possible.
Yes @Zetto, I clearly followed the instructions mentioned in [Wireless] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset - Method 1 | Official Support | ASUS Global but nothing changed. Am guessing it has indeed bricked.

Zetto

Regular Contributor
try another power adapter, if you can find one. There's a slight chance maybe it is causing issues.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!