What's new

AC68U Pulse Secure VPN Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CaneCutter

New Around Here
Howdy.

I'm new and very much a noob when it comes to networking, linux code, and many other computer related topics. Having said that, I'm having the exact same issues described in this thread. I've created the dnsmasq.postconf script as described and verified that it is active and running. However, I am still unable to access certain company websites over VPN. I receive the following error when trying to access them: "Can't connect securely to this page. This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website's owner."

I'm currently running Merlin firmware version 384.15. Can anyone help with this issue? I'd very much appreciate it as I'd like to keep my Asus router and my money.

Cheers,
CC

That postconf script isn't necessary since you can modify the behavior on the Tools / Other Settings page in the GUI at the bottom "dhcpd: send empty WPAD with a carriage return".

Does your browser have a proxy URL or autoconfig script configured? Maybe your browser has disabled TLS 1.0 and 1.1 but your company websites still use one or more of them.

Ah, well I did a lot of Linux code research and phone-a-friend for no reason. LOL

I'm not exactly sure about the proxy URL or autoconfig script. How would I find that information? (Sorry for being a noob.) I'm using both Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer and seeing the same error. Would Chrome be a better option? I don't have many options here as we're pretty restricted on what programs we can install on our company laptops.

Thanks,
CC

FWIW new Edge is based on Chrome too: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

New Edge will eventually be pushed to all Windows 10 to fully replace old Edge.

It seems to work well... well enough to ditch Google Chrome, imo. Brilliant, Microsoft!

One thing I've noticed that may resolve itself over time... speedtest.net upload should be ~12 Mbps here but is coming in at ~8 Mbps using new Edge. nPerf.com does not exhibit this issue.

So, record some speed benchmarks before and after switching to new Edge so you don't fret about your router or ISP connection after changing your browser.

OE

I talked with the company IT department and we downloaded Chrome. Seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the help!

CC

@OzarkEdge if you are using a laptop set to the 'Recommended' or 'Best battery life' settings, you may want to try bumping it up to 'Better Performance' or 'Best Performance' instead when doing your speed tests.

Edge Chromium is very 'efficiency' aware. :)

@OzarkEdge if you are using a laptop set to the 'Recommended' or 'Best battery life' settings, you may want to try bumping it up to 'Better Performance' or 'Best Performance' instead when doing your speed tests.

Edge Chromium is very 'efficiency' aware. :)

Yeah, I'm still puzzling over it. The download speed is correct and both speeds are correct when using a different tool in the same new Edge browser, so I suspect the speedtest.net tool running under Edge.

I'm using a new i9-9900 desktop with PCIe x4 SSD OS drive (stick of gum on the MB). It screams. It can speed test with 7 cores tied behind its back and the 8th core sound asleep.

OE

@OzarkEdge, your new desktop is what I want in my next router! At 25W peak power too. :)

How long has your computer been running? Maybe a reboot may help with this issue too?

@OzarkEdge, your new desktop is what I want in my next router! At 25W peak power too. :)

How long has your computer been running? Maybe a reboot may help with this issue too?

Power and cooling can be an important purchase consideration with current desktops. You almost have to buy down to keep both manageable. I added two 120mm case fans to get it where I think it should be, sound and cooling-wise.

I'll reboot and try it... it's been awhile because this thing sleeps and wakes up fast and flawlessly. It's not quite as fast as the Win7 system I'm retiring, but then I never let that one go to sleep! :D

So even though more CPU and GPU power consumption, it's sleeping when I'm not using it.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!