What's new

AC68U routing two routers in Dual Wan mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

banger

Can you connect two routers to the AC68U in load balance mode? What I propose is connecting my DSL router to the AC68U in router mode with WAN disabled and a Wireless router to one of the LAN ports and load balance the two. Will it work?

Can you connect two routers to the AC68U in load balance mode? What I propose is connecting my DSL router to the AC68U in router mode with WAN disabled and a Wireless router to one of the LAN ports and load balance the two. Will it work?
20200920_120101.jpg

Like this?

No I propose two different routers connected to the Asus as the Asus isnt very good at handling the dsl WAN I would have to disable the WAN features. Not quite sure how to attach a router (not DSL bridge) to the Asus. I will have to experiment and report back.

After a little experimentation it doesn't seem possible as I kept getting IP conflicts and the Asus wanted to move to a different subnet. Hmmm

I suppose after a little research I was talking about double NAT with 2 routers load balanced on the Asus.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!