What's new

AC68U seems to "pause" internet connectivity.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xcarobx

New Around Here
I don't think the IP and DHCP connection with ISP is dropped but I periodically lose connection.
Very annoying when surfing, super irritating when on IP voice call or Zoom meeting.
I have used three different AC68U routers and it seems this problem is persistent.
It's been a problem for years I think, usually on the latest stable firmware.
I'm not sure but it sometimes seem like if I hit up google .com in the web browser I get traffic flowing again. :rolleyes:

Currently running Merlin 386.1.
Using a Lyra Trio as an AI Mesh 2.0 node. (problem has been with me long before this)
GUI is also quite slow to load but at least it's not as horrendous as it was a couple of years ago.

I've read of other people having the similar problems but haven't found a solution.
Considering trying other firmwares but I like the simplicity of AI Mesh.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy.

Attachments

• InternetSpeedTest.png
    InternetSpeedTest.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 103
@xcarobx welcome to the forums.

If you haven't done the following recently, it may be all you need. Note, you should first flash the latest firmware (and if possible, match the codebase if the routers are different) first to all the routers in your system. Afterward, minimally, and manually configure the main router to secure it and connect to your ISP. Then add the nodes after they have been fully reset too.

[Wireless] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset | Official Support | ASUS Global

If the above isn't enough instruction/details required, the following link may be useful too.

Best Practice Update/Setup Router/AiMesh Node(s) 2021

I am seeing this on the latest dirty upgrade to the beta mentioned elsewhere. I was running it as an access point and no problems then switched to router mode. No drop of ISP but Alexa streaming audio dropped twice in the space of 10 minutes. Might have to factory reset again and monitor.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!