What's new

AC86U (384.16) loss of access to local resources (LAN)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tarzan2000

Regular Contributor
Good afternoon friends.
Tell me in my situation.

All local wired devices are connected to the D'link DGS-1005D switch. Switch1(OLED, AppleTV4K,STB,AV Yamaha, AcerRL80) is connected by cable to the same switch2 (NAS, VoIP DECT) located at the router. Next, the cable from the second switch2 goes to the AC86U (384.16). Wi-Fi clients are connected directly to the router through the air.

In my network configuration (at home) a very strange and incomprehensible problem arises with AC86u (384.16) when OLED Panasonic GZR1000 is connected to it via Wi-fi 2.4/5Hz.

At a router LAN \ wi-fi routing in a segment of a local network completely falls off. At the same time, routing in WAN works fine (there is an Internet). Those, I lose access to all local resources on the network (NAS, smb share and web access to STB ipTV box)
Turn off the TV (connected via Wifi) - no problem.
As soon as I connect the GZR1000 with a cable to the same router - no problem.

I began to understand the situation whether the router or the panasonic network interface is to blame.
I changed the router to Asus N66u - the same thing.

The Panasononic GZR 2019 series has a wifi module from Askey Computer Corp - which is a subsidiary of Asustek

Somehow on the router can i find or understand what could be the reason for this behavior of the local network and devices in it?

2.JPG 3_1.JPG 3_2.JPG 4_2.JPG 5.JPG

Last edited:
Disable: airtime fareness, jumbo frame, beam foaming. Are you sure of using multi user mimo? Are your devices dupporting this? Turn it off and try.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T580 met Tapatalk

Disable: airtime fareness, jumbo frame, beam foaming. Are you sure of using multi user mimo? Are your devices dupporting this? Turn it off and try.Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T580 met Tapatalk

Thanks.
I turned off everything that you recommended and it did not help.

Jumbo Frame
Airtime Fairness
Multi-User MIMO
802.11ac Beamforming
Universal Beamforming

As soon as I connect OLED to Wi-Fi, after 2-3 minutes I lose access to all local network resources.
At the same time, I’m losing Wi-Fi access from my laptop to my NAS connected to switch2 by cable. I also lose access to the Internet from devices (connected by cable to switch1). But devices connected via Wi-Fi have access to the Internet as before.
Very strange.
Are your devices dupporting this

I have a child computer connected by cable to the Asus N66U in the access point mode. And it is connected at 5 GHz to the AC86U

Connect each client device either by cable or by WiFi, not both. :)

Connect each client device either by cable or by WiFi, not both. :)
Good joke :)

But seriously, there are ideas why connecting a conventional Wifi device "puts" a local network?

Sorry, I must have misunderstood how your 'child' computer is connecting to the network.

And for sure I don't understand your post above at all? :(

Sorry, I must have misunderstood how your 'child' computer is connecting to the network.

I have a children's computer that is connected by cable to the N66U, which, in BRIDGE mode, is connected via Wi-Fi to the AC86U.
But, I consider this client as an ordinary Wi-Fi.

And for sure I don't understand your post above at all?

Those. Do you think that if my TV is physically connected with a cable and if I connect it via Wi-Fi, then because of its imperfect internal software I get a “loop”?
But should the router not work out the Spanning Three mechanics?
If the router sees a "loop" (Wi-Fi and cable), then it means it must "block" LAN port from which there is a loop.

But, since I have the configuration "TV-switch1-switch2 (NAS) -AC86", then the router blocks 1 port from SWITCH2 and thereby I lose access to all local devices?

AND....................

Connect each client device either by cable or by WiFi, not both.

Dear, for your hidden idea and sending me in the right direction THANKS !!!!!
I unplugged the network cable from the TV and connected it through Wi-Fi and the problem is gone !!!
Also, the solution may be to disable the spanning three function in the router from the LAN section. But not for long, for about 5 minutes and the entire local network falls off :)
Apr 11 22:31:41 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth6: Auth 7C:DB:98:8A:66:89, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Apr 11 22:31:41 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(449): eth6: Assoc 7C:DB:98:8A:66:89, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Apr 11 22:34:53 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link DOWN.
Apr 11 22:34:53 kernel: br0: port 2(eth2) entered disabled state
Apr 11 22:34:57 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link UP 1000 mbps full duplex
Apr 11 22:34:57 kernel: br0: port 2(eth2) entered forwarding state
Apr 11 22:34:57 kernel: br0: port 2(eth2) entered forwarding state

Those. Soft TV has a bug, which is expressed in the creation of a "loop" in the local network while simultaneously connecting physically with a cable and connecting via Wi-Fi.

I have a minitop based on Acer RL80 (connected by cable to switch1). Physically, he is in favor of my OLED. Windows 10 x64 1903 is installed there. So, I can connect this minitop to my network both via Wi-Fi and cable, and in this case the router does not "see" any "loop" and does not block the entire chain of "switch1-switch2-port router. "
Like this.
Apparently the software of my OLED (Firefox 4.0) is not as perfect as Windows 10 :)

Anything in the system log?

Change the file extensions to zip and unzip. Inside is a plain text file.

Attachments

• Log_11_04_2020.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited: