What's new

ac86u printer

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hsl

New Around Here
i have an ac86u and when i try to scan from the machine to any pc connected to asus the machine wont detect it.
the asus is in AP mode and different ssid than the main router

i can only see pcs that are connected o the main router, why?

Previously i have a dlink which works fine

fw updated

i have one SSID on the main router(isp) and Asus as AP with another SSID( is the same but ended with ext) so i can figure out wich router i'm connected to.
But with dlink extender this works fine i change to asus due to better wireless coverage.
Still not working with asus :S

My temporary fix was turning on hp wifi direct and every time you want to print/scan connect to it .

Hp printers say the support dual bands but in my case it only connects to 2.4 ghz and most of my devices connects to 5 ghz , I will try to create 2.4 ghz and connect the printer and my and pc to it and test

i'm only on 2.4 but this just happend with asus.
Previously i have a dlink extender that works fine

Best way to access printer is to address reserve it in router. Set up printer software on each device, right click printer...printer properties and set up a tcp/ip connection to it by ip address assigned. Assuming it is a wireless printer of course. It will never fail you this method.

Attachments

• Screenshot (55).png
    Screenshot (55).png
    198.9 KB · Views: 121
I name it "manual" then next put in ip. You will be "add port" select "standard tcp/ip"

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!