What's new

AC86U system log "Resource temporarily unavailable"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

krwy0330

Occasional Visitor
My device is rt-ac86u with the latest asuswrt-merlin firmware 386.2_6.
I have installed entware and added a 256MB swap file.
When the equipment runs for more than three days, the system becomes unstable. It's unable to restart from web page or scheduled task. And ssh connection returns "kex_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host". Also, the system status in the web page shows nothing.
The system log often shows "crond[1913]: vfork: Resource temporarily unavailable",
and when I use ssh to connect, it will show "dropbear[13919]: vfork: Resource temporarily unavailable".
How should I tune the router without restarting it every two days.

Try removing all Entware scripts/processes you have installed and see if the problem goes away. If it does then review the system requirements of your Entware scripts/processes.

Try removing all Entware scripts/processes you have installed and see if the problem goes away. If it does then review the system requirements of your Entware scripts/processes.
Thank you, I resolve the problem by restart transmission-daemon every day.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!