What's new

Access to web server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

macster2075

Very Senior Member
Hi,
I have a app that has a built in web server, but it’s on a different network.
My main is 192.168.1.1 and the server on 172.x.x.x.

Because of that, I am unable to access the server and it does not allow to change its IP address.

Is there a way for me to access the server while connected to 192.168.1.1?

What do you mean by "app"? A phone app, server software running on a PC, a server on an IoT device, etc?

"it’s on a different network" - do you mean that it's physically (or virtually) connected to a completely different LAN, behind a gateway device? Or that it is connected to your LAN but just has a hard-coded IP address?

It’s actually bluestacks Android emulator.
I have a windows 10 computer running bluestacks...in there I have an app called Tinycam to monitor my IP cameras.

This app has a webserver, but for some reason the IP it set to is 172.x.x range but the computer is actually on 192.168.x.x.

I think the virtual emulator is creating that LAN and does not allow to change its IP.

So if I open a browser from within the emulaor (Android) then I can access the web server, but not if I usea browser from the PC or any other device in my network.

My understanding is that BlueStacks runs in a VM that creates the 172 local network. So any servers running in that VM should have a 172 address.

Presumably the VM's network is NATed onto your PC's real network adapter. I think you would be better off asking this question in a BlueStacks forum as I don't think it has anything to do with your router/LAN setup.

My understanding is that BlueStacks runs in a VM that creates the 172 local network. So any servers running in that VM should have a 172 address.

Presumably the VM's network is NATed onto your PC's real network adapter. I think you would be better off asking this question in a BlueStacks forum as I don't think it has anything to do with your router/LAN setup.
Yeah I have been searching for days but no one knows..I thought maybe by opening a port on the Asus router or a setting would help me access that network.

What if I change the IP on the router to match that NATed network?
I don't think that will make any difference and would likely cause a routing conflict between Bluestacks and your LAN. I suppose you could give it a try. I don't know how the Bluestacks VM works to hazard a guess as to how it will react.

But this to me sounds like it's entirely a Windows and/or BlueStacks issue and nothing to do with your LAN.

What is the complete output of ipconfig /all from the PC running BlueStacks?

I don't think that will make any difference and would likely cause a routing conflict between Bluestacks and your LAN. I suppose you could give it a try. I don't know how the Bluestacks VM works to hazard a guess as to how it will react.

But this to me sounds like it's entirely a Windows and/or BlueStacks issue and nothing to do with your LAN.

What is the complete output of ipconfig /all from the PC running BlueStacks?
Here is a pic...it looks like the virtual network adapter is whats providing the IP...I wonder if I can change the IP in that V-network adapter.

Attachments

• 0A66940B-CB19-4F31-95AF-346DF6D5AB51.jpeg
    0A66940B-CB19-4F31-95AF-346DF6D5AB51.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 195
I don't use Hyper-V but those adapter settings look the same as VMware's. If the VMware virtual machine was running Windows you would need to turn off its firewall to get access to it's services. So again, it points back to this being a BlueStacks issue.

Last edited:
When you access it on the local computer, do you have to use a specific port? Example you navigate to 172.x.x.x:xxxx?

It may be bridged so you could try accessing it from your PCs IP: port. 192.168.1.x:xxxx

Rather than trying to figure out how to get an Android app web server to run within an emulator, I'd be checking to see if there wasn't a straight up way to access the cameras.

I would imagine the router just needs to know how to route traffic to this subnet.

I'd try adding a new route for the 172.x.x.x range and use the IP of the PC that's running the VM as the gateway.

Rather than trying to figure out how to get an Android app web server to run within an emulator, I'd be checking to see if there wasn't a straight up way to access the cameras.
The cameras I am using need to use RTSP which some of mine can, but some do not have that capability. I was actually able to access the web server. I found another emulator that gives the option to bridge its LAN. The web server ended up being crap and super slow lol.
What a waste of time! But I appreciate your responses.