What's new

Accessing different subnets (from 192.168.0.x to 192.168.100.1 and 192.168.1.x).

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

daviddrf

Occasional Visitor
Hello. First of all sorry for my bad English (I am trying to improve it everyday).
I have an Asus RT-AC68u with Asuswrt-Merlin configured as a primary router. I have a FTTH ONT Nokia G-010G-P which is connected to the WAN port of my Asus. Also the LAN1 port of my Asus is connected to the WAN port of a secondary router (Sercomm H500-s). If I connect an ethernet wire to the ONT Nokia G-010G-P I can access to it through http://192.168.100.1. If I connect an ethernet wire to a LAN port of the primary router Asus RT-AC68u I can access to it through http://192.168.0.1 and if I do the same with a LAN port of the secondary router Sercomm H500-s I can access to it through http://192.168.1.1. So it seems that the Nokia ONT, the primary Asus router and the secondary Sercomm router are on different subnets.
Would be possible reaching access to the Nokia ONT and to the secondary Sercomm router from any device connected to the primary Asus router? I have Vodafone Spain's FTTH and I used this scenario:
Thank you for your support.

It might be possible yes.
You would have to setup static routes in each of the 2 down stream routers and possibly even the ONT.
A better solution would be to Have one router and then everything behind that is switched on the same network.

What you are describing is a router behind a router behind a router and that means multiple NAT instances for the down stream devices. Inefficient and probably more complex than you need.
I suggest you look into putting the Nokia ONT into "Bridge mode" (if it supports that) so the Asus becomes the primary routing device.
Then put the Sercomm H500-s into AP mode (if it supports that).

If you put the Nokia ONT into bridge mode then you will lose Mgmt (most likely) but you wont need it once its configured. It will just be the hand off to the Asus router.
The Sercomm can just be an Access Point on your LAN.

I hope that gives you some food for thought.

It might be possible yes.
You would have to setup static routes in each of the 2 down stream routers and possibly even the ONT.
A better solution would be to Have one router and then everything behind that is switched on the same network.

What you are describing is a router behind a router behind a router and that means multiple NAT instances for the down stream devices. Inefficient and probably more complex than you need.
I suggest you look into putting the Nokia ONT into "Bridge mode" (if it supports that) so the Asus becomes the primary routing device.
Then put the Sercomm H500-s into AP mode (if it supports that).

If you put the Nokia ONT into bridge mode then you will lose Mgmt (most likely) but you wont need it once its configured. It will just be the hand off to the Asus router.
The Sercomm can just be an Access Point on your LAN.

I hope that gives you some food for thought.
Thank you @slidermike for your answer and information. At this momment I've been able to gain web access to my Nokia ONT on the WAN port:
Now I'm trying to gain access to the devices connected to the Sercomm router from the Asus router which is on another subnet (192.168.0.x vs 192.168.1.1).

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!