What's new

Accounts Engine Hiccup Resets OnHub and Google Wifi Products To Default

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LOL. I have dual wan my friend. With fallback to LTE. It is also no problem to change the ISP as the lines here are public property and not owned by any company. Thus ISP does not control anything. Maybe in your place.
Any ISP must control their network, for security if nothing else.

What country are you in where the "lines" are public property?

What country are you in where the "lines" are public property?

i would suggest he means owned by the government eg paid for by his taxes , the isp's do not own the lines , even here our cable companies do not have access to the modems and they installed the cable lines , this however is a bit OT as we are talking here about a manufacturer ( not isp's ) being so invasive that it can effect the day to day running of the gear that is privately purchased , long term thinking also suggest when the google wifi goes EOL and the servers get turned off there goes google wifi and your investment , and you cant hack it or 3rd party as google have seen to that as well as it wont even boot up with even a 3rd party app

being so invasive that it can effect the day to day running of the gear that is privately purchased
I'll agree that manufacturers need to clearly disclose when a product depends on a cloud-based service, whether it's free or subscription, so consumers can make informed choices.

I'll agree that manufacturers need to clearly disclose when a product depends on a cloud-based service, whether it's free or subscription, so consumers can make informed choices.

Yep - cloud friendly is one thing - cloud dependent is another...

The Google auth server issue affected many services, not just the Google WiFi/On-hubs... my guess is that this'll be a one-off, and we'll see changes pushed down to the routers to keep this from occurring again...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!