What's new

Adaptive QOS, have I set it wrong or am I expecting too much of it?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Stock firmware uses sfq. My firmware can patch rules to use fq_codel instead.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Out of curiosity RMerlin in your experience would one of the newer more powerful processor models (AC86u or Blue Cave) allow me to enable "Traditional QOS" but have enough processing to make up for loosing CTF? As I said above with Traditional QOS on my RT-AC68u I loose NAT Acceleration which then kills all throughput to the routers USB port (4MB instead of 17MB) and slows down the MyCloud NAS (50MB instead of 60+MB)

Out of curiosity RMerlin in your experience would one of the newer more powerful processor models (AC86u or Blue Cave) allow me to enable "Traditional QOS" but have enough processing to make up for loosing CTF? As I said above with Traditional QOS on my RT-AC68u I loose NAT Acceleration which then kills all throughput to the routers USB port (4MB instead of 17MB) and slows down the MyCloud NAS (50MB instead of 60+MB)

Traditional QoS has been broken for well over a year on the stock firmware for Broadcom-based models (dunno about other models).

NAT acceleration has nothing to do with USB port sharing, it only affects WAN throughput, unless you have something else overloading your CPU at the same time.

The Bluecave CPU is weaker than that of the RT-AC68U.

@Stuey3D

Try the scripts install instructions without worrying about any of the advanced rules // sections mentioned in the third post.

Out of the box it is set up to work well with no user modification required.

The advanced rules are just icing on the cake for power users.

If you still can’t figure it out, I might do a one line install for people who want a default configuration.

It should fix all your issues you mentioned. Also set all devices at default priority and don’t use that subset of features.

If you do figure out the install process, any suggestions on improving the instructions?

Is it the wall of text that makes it seem intimidating? It’s not a bad read.

Last edited:
Stock firmware uses sfq. My firmware can patch rules to use fq_codel instead.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Hey, is there a way to prioritise devices rather than services on the Asus RT-AC5300? And regarding QoS, what is the best method to prioritise a certain device ?