What's new

Additional Device Icons

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Has anyone made one for the most popular steaming box Roku yet?
I would love to get a Roku!

Here's Roku plus a bunch more that I made:

Roku.png
Denon.png
Echo.png
HarmonyHub.png
hdhomerun.png

A few pointers for making these.

Do not create the rounded corners or the border outline.

The web interface creates these on it's own. Its much cleaner and you don't see the pixelation around the edges. On top of that, if you use the Asus Router app it displays these icons in a circle, not a rounded square, so you wont see the square edges in this circle if you leave them out.

You are not limited to a certain resolution. I created them at 256x256 and the web page will scale it down itself, keeping it sharp looking.

Use a circle template when creating them, so you know what it will look like in the Asus phone app. Just make sure to turn off that layer when saving. It is also handy for making sure the icon is a good size, and centered.

2c52dIe.gif

I think some icons are stored on the actual network device and maybe are sent to the router when the device connects. There's a nice multi colored icon for the Linksys E2100L I have connected as an AP. Same goes for the Epson network printer I have connected. the default icons that come with the router do not show these icons. I'd be interested in finding out how that works. Someone mentioned Raspberry pi, It would be great if a raspberry pi could upload its own red raspberry icon to the router when it connects. I have several performing various tasks around the house.

I think some icons are stored on the actual network device and maybe are sent to the router when the device connects. There's a nice multi colored icon for the Linksys E2100L I have connected as an AP. Same goes for the Epson network printer I have connected. the default icons that come with the router do not show these icons. I'd be interested in finding out how that works. Someone mentioned Raspberry pi, It would be great if a raspberry pi could upload its own red raspberry icon to the router when it connects. I have several performing various tasks around the house.

Here you go.

0VVhLjJ.png

Here you go.

0VVhLjJ.png

What I was getting at is that some devices supply their own icon to the router by simply connecting them. I want to know more about how that process works. By learning how devices do that I could force the r-pi's to do it them selves.

Or , you can just search google for "[thing] icon" and it will usually come up with a bunch of choices. That's how I got all my icons. One lesson learned though is to load them into something like IrfanView and reduce them to 96x96 or something else relatively small. The router automatically re-sizes them, but the still eat more memory.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I've made my icon png-8 and png-24, 54x53 pix, tried to upload it via the "+" sign and it appears in the window. But when I hit apply It reverts to the last icon.
Firmware 380.70

thanks
mdr

Here are some I created for RT-AC86U - UK people have specific devices here:

British Gas Hive, WIFI Extender, Windows Media Center, Nintendo Switch, Now TV

BG Hive.png
Extender.png
Media Center.png
Nintendo Switch.png
Now TV.png

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!