What's new

ADGuard and 388.1 firmware: problem with WIFI ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StefanoN

Regular Contributor
Hi
On my new router AX86U I have installed the 388.1 firmware version and the spdmerlin.
After the installation in the log file I see continuously this 3 message:
Dec 4 12:05:49 RT-AX86U kernel: wl0: fatal error, reinitializing, total count of reinit's[222]
Dec 4 12:05:49 RT-AX86U kernel: CSIMON: CSIMON[1.1.0] Initialization
Dec 4 12:05:49 RT-AX86U kernel: CSIMON: M2M usr already registered ...
I uninstalled spdmerlin but now I keep getting them.

What should I do ?

Thanks
Stefano

Dec 4 12:05:49 RT-AX86U kernel: wl0: fatal error, reinitializing, total count of reinit's[222]
Something not right with 2.4G wifi try the default setup for wifi and test.
Dec 4 12:05:49 RT-AX86U kernel: CSIMON: CSIMON[1.1.0] Initialization
This and your above question implies there was no reset to defaults, when you upgraded the firmware. Try resetting to defaults and hand configuring. Do not import a settings file or you will just undo the reset. You can however restore your JFFS if you have that saved.

These are WiFi messages and nothing to do with SpdMerlin. I suggest you remove SpdMerlin as the prefix of your title.

Hi
I have change the title because I see the message after the installation of ADGuardHome and not after spdmerlin installation.
I followed user skeal's idea. After the reset of the router .... at each change I checked if the error message appeared.
I entered the parameters I needed and reinstalled the various utilities I use. Finally I changed the wifi settings. wifi but no message.
Last step: I installed ADGuard ... and the message appeared right away.
I removed ADGuard ... and the message disappeared.
When I used it on the old ac86u router I didn't have this problem.
I don't understand what the link is between the message and ADGuardHome. Who can help me?

Thanks
Stefano

I can't remember if this is the same error, but try turning off all the AiProtection features if you've enabled them!

Hi
I'm freaking out, now after about 1 hour the message has reappeared, so my "theory" about ADGuardHome I think is wrong.
I also tried disabling AIProtection .... but nothing. Every 1/2 second I see these 3 messages:
Dec 4 23:02:16 RT-AX86U-C6C8 kernel: wl0: fatal error, reinitializing, total count of reinit's[249]
Dec 4 23:02:16 RT-AX86U-C6C8 kernel: CSIMON: CSIMON[1.1.0] Initialization
Dec 4 23:02:16 RT-AX86U-C6C8 kernel: CSIMON: M2M usr already registered ...

Hi
I'm freaking out, now after about 1 hour the message has reappeared, so my "theory" about ADGuardHome I think is wrong.
I also tried disabling AIProtection .... but nothing. Every 1/2 second I see these 3 messages:
Dec 4 23:02:16 RT-AX86U-C6C8 kernel: wl0: fatal error, reinitializing, total count of reinit's[249]
Dec 4 23:02:16 RT-AX86U-C6C8 kernel: CSIMON: CSIMON[1.1.0] Initialization
Dec 4 23:02:16 RT-AX86U-C6C8 kernel: CSIMON: M2M usr already registered ...
I forgot: everything seems to work, so the error is even more mysterious.

I forgot: everything seems to work, so the error is even more mysterious.
It has to do with WiFi 2.4G just reset and run a basic config. Get your wifi 2.4G setup the way you want it. Stop there. Now reboot and test. Then add things slowly, a reboot may be needed to reveal the issue, so reboot often. Keep checking the logs. Some uptime between each setting may be needed as well. This can take a while I know. But it's the only way. Either 2.4G WiFi alone or something conflicts with it in your settings.

Hi
I have change the title because I see the message after the installation of ADGuardHome and not after spdmerlin installation.
I followed user skeal's idea. After the reset of the router .... at each change I checked if the error message appeared.
I entered the parameters I needed and reinstalled the various utilities I use. Finally I changed the wifi settings. wifi but no message.
Last step: I installed ADGuard ... and the message appeared right away.
I removed ADGuard ... and the message disappeared.
When I used it on the old ac86u router I didn't have this problem.
I don't understand what the link is between the message and ADGuardHome. Who can help me?

Thanks
Stefano
I recommend uninstalling all custom scripts and see if the messages are still present. This may require you to run the router scriptless a couple of days and observe the log. Adguardhome does nothing with the actual wifi. Please see posts by @skeal @ColinTaylor who have experience seeing logs like this throughout the forum.

It has to do with WiFi 2.4G just reset and run a basic config. Get your wifi 2.4G setup the way you want it. Stop there. Now reboot and test. Then add things slowly, a reboot may be needed to reveal the issue, so reboot often. Keep checking the logs. Some uptime between each setting may be needed as well. This can take a while I know. But it's the only way. Either 2.4G WiFi alone or something conflicts with it in your settings.
Is the same setting of ac86U .... Has something changed in the ax86U ?
In fact, when I turn off the wifi 2.4 I don't see the message appear.
But does the message mean that wifi 2.4 resets and restarts continuously?
Unfortunately I have all the home automation part (many are shelly) on 2.4 wifi.

Is the same setting of ac86U .... Has something changed in the ax86U ?
In fact, when I turn off the wifi 2.4 I don't see the message appear.
But does the message mean that wifi 2.4 resets and restarts continuously?
Unfortunately I have all the home automation part (many are shelly) on 2.4 wifi.
There have been various issues people have talked about with the wifi settings first after flashing the 388.1 on this model router. What I recommend is doing a clean factory reset and manual configuring each of the settings. If you load an old backup there is a possibility you will inheret the problem from the old backup.

Hi
I have read of this problems. I haven’t use backup.

Hi
I have read of this problems. I haven’t use backup.
Okay have you done a fresh factory reset after you flashed to 388.1 which would wipe any bad, old, or stale settings off the router? They change out multiple things when firmware versions change. Sometimes this even includes upgrading the wireless drivers. With differences between router versions, sometimes this might mean it is necessary to do a factory reset after flashing a new firmware. I don't know enough about that particular model to tell you if the wireless drivers changed recently, maybe @RMerlin might be able to drop a line on what you are experiencing. As far as I can tell you, nothing in adguardhome or speed merlin messes with wireless settings.

This discussion would be better off in this thread since it pertains to bunk wireless log issues:

Last edited:
Hi
as soon as it turned on I did the basic configuration with the original firmware. Then I installed the rmerlin firmware. I did a reset of the settings.
so i reconfigured everything. I use the aimesh function with 4 ac series nodes. Of additional applications I use fresh_qos, adguardhome, with a swap of 2 gb. obviously new hd.
I redid everything 3 times without using the backup but only resetting all the settings. the message starts to appear .... at this point I don't know when

Thank

Hi
I hope to found the problem :);): I changed the USB mode to USB2 (before is the default USB3). After this change from 5 hours I don't see the message (before it appeared every 30 sec.). I use the usb for the external disk with ADGuard and enteware.
5D084299-0956-4E81-A9D9-79C95CD340AF.jpeg
The only message that appears every 5 minutes is this: kernel: wl0: random key value: .........

What is this message ?

Thanks

The only message that appears every 5 minutes is this: kernel: wl0: random key value: .........
This is the WIFI 2.4G problem you have. I'm glad you sorted the other one out though.

Hi
But this message does that mean there are no problems?

Thanks

Hi
But this message does that mean there are no problems?

Thanks
If everything is working for you then don't worry about it.

Here are my 2.4G WiFi settings. Compare yours to this and test.

General-2.4.png
Professional-2.4.png

Last edited:
Hi
Some setting were different, now they are the same.
Messages are also gone including the message : kernel: wl0: random key value:
If I put it back to USB3 .... disaster :mad:.
Now I'm putting the names to the various devices and some I have to block so as not to go on the internet.
For the moment …. everything works fine :cool:

Thanks for the support, I'll do one last check tomorrow :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!